Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Both the shows and the books highly recommended!

Last post 03-07-2006, 6:54 PM by Motrmouth. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-07-2006, 6:10 PM 1052

Both the shows and the books highly recommended!

I love the show Little House on the Prairie. I'm only 14 so I obviously wasn't around when this series was first broadcasted but I still love it even though it's not as popular now. All of my dreams are centered around living on the prairie with the wind blowing in my pig tails and bonnet, and my dress hem wet with walking through the dew covered prairie grass.I love every aspect of living in the prairie; being a pioneer. I've read every book by Laura 3 times, and 4 biographys. I watch the re-runs of LHOTP and I love them. I totally recomend this tv series and books to any age readers.

--Katie Newman

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-07-2006, 6:41 PM 1059 in reply to 1052

Re: Both the shows and the books highly recommended!

I loved this series. I had read all of the "Little House" books and was so thrilled when they announced that they were making a television series based on the books. Normally, I hate film adaptations of beloved books, but for some reason, it didn't bother me with this show. Probably because it was so well done.

I'm different from most people, my favorite shows were not always the tearjerkers. One of my favorites was the one where Laura thought she had found gold in the stream and she has this hysterical dream where Nellie, in rags, brings the teacher a brown, rotten apple. The teacher is looking at the apple, when Laura, dressed in a beautiful white dress, shows up with a basket of red, shiny apples. The teacher takes one look at the basket and tosses Nellie's apple over her shoulder. Cracks me up!
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-07-2006, 6:43 PM 1063 in reply to 1052

Hi, I am Paulo Cáceres from Perú. Here my family and I enjoyed The Family Ingalls program. We think program teaches the life' values, and how to be great human beans. We enjoy with all the characters, We are pretty conviced that this is the best program that Peruvian Television could show us. Thank you.

--Paulo Cáceres

•  03-07-2006, 6:54 PM 1067 in reply to 1052

I would just like the world to know that if I could of lived in there time. I wouldn't have so much stress and my children would have more respect.

There is alot of feedback that it was only a story from a girl (Laura Ingalls). Whom dreamed this up. I have read all of Laura Ingalls Wilder books as a child. If only I could of been able to right such a story true or not. It was a time when family values meant something! Never missed an episode.

--wishing1800s

View as RSS news feed in XML