Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of Little House on the Prairie

Last post 03-07-2006, 6:59 PM by Slammin' Slamo. 14 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-07-2006, 6:07 PM 1044

Memories of Little House on the Prairie

I loved this show. I especially enjoyed the later versions when Laura was falling for Almonzo. From that point on it was more interesting to watch. I wish I could own the entire set though.
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-07-2006, 6:08 PM 1047 in reply to 1044

Re: Memories of Little House on the Prairie

The one thing I remember about Little House on the Prairie was....it always made me cry! My brother still looks at me and says "aaawwww Pa...." like Laura used to do when a touching moment was about to happen.

--Hummingbird

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-07-2006, 6:08 PM 1048 in reply to 1047

Little House on the Prairie was my most favorite show on television. I grew up with it so Laura and I grew up at the same time. It was a wholesome family show and I read all the books that Laura Ingalls Wilder wrote.
  •  03-07-2006, 6:08 PM 1050 in reply to 1048

This is indeed my favorite show of all time. I think that it showed family values, love, and drama. Hardly any violence was expressed. You don't see shows like that anymore. I just love this show and I hope they keep it on TV.

--Michelle

•  03-07-2006, 6:08 PM 1051 in reply to 1050

Little House on the Prarie is a very uplifting show. The shows are still relevant today. We still watch the show because it makes one feel better about themselves and it teaches us to be better people. With all that is going on in the world today, everyone could use a dose of goodness. For some reason, it makes us have more patience and understanding with the people we come in contact with during our day. The days we don't watch, we seem to be short and sometimes down right mean to people. We wish everyone could be as good of parents as the Ingals.

--hwe6

•  03-07-2006, 6:40 PM 1056 in reply to 1044

I was a child who watched faithfully every week for the episodes of "Little House...". I watched each character develope into a member of my own family. I know there has never been a series that has touched my heart or will touch my heart like "Little House...". I watched the two-hour special on the Hallmark channel with my children about Albert developing Leukemia. I remember that show like it was yesterday. When it was over, I was crying so hard. I couldn't stop. My son asked why I was crying so much from a make-believe program. I told him of how Albert came to the Ingalls family. It was like I had never stopped watching them. They came back to me just like when I was a little girl. When my son asked why I cried over a make-believe show I told him...."Son, it isn't make-believe to me. They are real." This show was a huge part of my growing up. I am grateful for that part of my life.

--bakersmith

•  03-07-2006, 6:41 PM 1057 in reply to 1056

This is probably one of the best shows of all time. I still watch it in reruns today. Amidst the hectic world we live in, it is fantastic to be able to go back to a simpler life for just one hour, yet be able to experience warmth, love, and what family is all about. I always loved how the show dealt with all the aspects of human life and dealt with the good and bad circumstances that life has to offer. My favorite episodes for laughter are "Goodbye Mrs. Wilder" and "Back To School".

On a more serious note I always liked "Sylvia" and "Going Home" because they focused on real life issues such as Rape and Drug Abuse." The excellence of the cast made it such a special show as well. It seemed like they really had a close bond together and all pulled together to make the show the phenominal hit it was!

--Chris

•  03-07-2006, 6:44 PM 1064 in reply to 1044

Little House is and will remain my all time favorite TV show. I suppose because was Michael Landon beautiful to look at, he was also a fine actor, and because Melissa Gilbert was such a young girl, but did her job so well, and as much of a fan of her's as I am, I must say that she did her best work as a child, the show always did and always will make me feel good for an hour, and written and directed so well that I will still sit and watch an old rerun to this day and love it just as much, if you don't like or can't handle feeling warm inside then don't watch this one. I love it. 

--D.G.

•  03-07-2006, 6:53 PM 1065 in reply to 1064

Man, what a show! It made you laugh, cry, think, and feel a whole range of emotions. It covered almost every social issue you could think of: alcoholism, drug addiction, rape, racism, child abuse, bullying, infidelity, stealing, jealousy, anti-semitism, cheating, I could go on and on.

Mostly though, it was just a down to earth family show about the tight-knit community of Walnut Grove and the Ingalls family. The characters were all interesting people who showed their human sides. It was a show that everyone in your family could watch. To me, its downfall was after Ma and Pa Ingalls and Mrs. Olsen left the show and it became "Little House: A New Beginning". The story lines became a bit ridiculous after that, and the cast was missing too many important characters.
  •  03-07-2006, 6:53 PM 1066 in reply to 1065

I have watched Little House On the Prairie for as long as I can remember. Every day at dupper time we sit and have super with the Ingalls. Most people watch the news while eating supper, not us. I sometimes wish that life was that way now. You only have to watch one episode to see that life was hard but they were all happy. My family have started collecting the DVD series and we watch them over and over. I can't pick a favorite because they are all great. Someone said that no man can cry like Charles Ingalls, I agree. He was a wonderful father, husband and friend to everyone he met. WE could all take lessons from the entire family. Keep making those DVDs so we can finish our collection.

--Cindy Jacque

•  03-07-2006, 6:56 PM 1069 in reply to 1066

Little House On The Prairie captivated my whole family, especially my mother, who passed away in 1993. In the long summer evenings when school was out, she would run to the old screen door at the back porch and softly say, Children , Little House is comming on. We all would stop whatever we were doing and head to the old t. v. Every time I see a rerun, I listen for that softly said line, Children, Little House is on.

--rememberingmama

•  03-07-2006, 6:57 PM 1070 in reply to 1069

Gosh I watch it still every day on the Hallmark Channel. And every time I watch it I cry or I am uplifted. The most moving show I have watched so far was the one where Albert was addicted to morphine. The compastion Charles showed to him while he held him thru his withdrawls. Of course Michael Landon is any womans man of her dream's. . . It still grieves me to know he passed away. But he sure left a legacy.

--ccprettyhorses

•  03-07-2006, 6:58 PM 1073 in reply to 1070

I grown watching Little House and everytime I watch an episode that is sad I will cry. I am 47 YOA and I like watching all the re-runs and still would cry. All of the episodes are my favorites can not say that any of them are my special one. Every episode is based on some kind of moral tips. How to love and forgive, how to be able to live with what ever live gives us. Love your family and be thankful that we have a healthy family. I have always loved watching even though I know that I am going to cry. People should watch these series and learn from these characters.

--SENTIMENTAL ONE

•  03-07-2006, 6:59 PM 1075 in reply to 1073

Little House on the Prairie was and still is one of the most heartwarming shows on television. It's hard to believe it started so long ago (1974) but its message is just as powerful today; ethics, honesty, hard work, and love, and they are something the world is in short supply. And when I hear the LHOTP theme song I immediately start to relax and feel good inside.

--Jim

•  03-07-2006, 6:59 PM 1077 in reply to 1075

This was my very favorite show when I was a child. I never missed an episode. My Father used to tease me about watching the show, but later as I got older he explained that it was such a tear jerker that he didnt want me to see him get emotional! I still watch the re-runs and both my boys have watched with me. My 2 year old just watched an episode with me not to long ago and enjoyed it very much. It brings me back to a time that has a lot of pleasant memories. I had a crush on Michael Landon. . he was such a handsome man. I can't say which was my favorite episode. . I loved them all. I must say that I liked the older episodes more than the newer ones with Laura and Mary all grown up. It was fun watching when they were the same age as myslef (school age). I dont think I have to this day got so excited about watching a show. . and looking forward to each week when I could watch again.

--Kathy S

View as RSS news feed in XML