Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Favorite episodes

Last post 03-03-2006, 1:13 PM by Inactive Account. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-03-2006, 12:54 PM 96

Favorite episodes

How about the time Gloria got married. The wedding was in the living room and Old Arch was going to give Gloria away. How funny it was when all of a sudden Arch flushes the toilet. Laughing still today!!!!!!!!
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-03-2006, 12:54 PM 97 in reply to 96

Re: Favorite episodes

One of the top three shows of all time. Best AITF moments, in no particular order: Sammy Davis Jr. kissing Archie as the camera snaps a picture. Michael tossing the board game in the air when He feels he's being attacked. (My all time favorite.) Archie lecturing Michael on the proper way to put on socks and shoes. Archie lecutring Michael on the proper way to get into bed. Michael asking Gloria to wear the wig to bed.

--Onevox

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-03-2006, 12:55 PM 98 in reply to 96

My favorite memories are when old "crusty" Archie showed his human side. Two particularly poignant moments are when he and "Meathead are locked in the basement and he recalls his own father (after too much wine); and who could forget the "hug" and teardrop when Mike and Gloria moved out?

--martinostalgic

•  03-03-2006, 12:55 PM 99 in reply to 96

My most favorite episode of all was when Archie tried to take Edith's little diary away from her and read it and she slapped his face. My second favorite was when Archie was locked in the basement and no one else was home. He found an old bottle of liquor and got drunk and started shouting and praying. He thought it was the Lord talking to him when Lionel from next door rescued him from the basement. Another favorite was when Archie was being so obnoxious (and this may be the same episode where Edith slapped him over the diary and went next door to stay with Mike and Gloria) and Archie was sleeping on the kitchen table with "Carl the cockroach" wandering around. I can still remember my Dad's boisterous laughter when Sammy Davis, Jr. kissed Archie!
  •  03-03-2006, 12:56 PM 100 in reply to 99

I think my favorite episode of All in The Family is what I will call the Bunkers plumbing problem. The four of them were discussing it later at a restaraunt but when the actual event took place Gloria was gone. The main point is it is amazing how 3 people saw the same thing but yet they saw something different. Archie hired a white plumber with a black helper then the story got interesting. First they showed it through Mike's eyes. The white plumber looked like Gomer Pyle and Black helper was what Mike referred to as an "Uncle Tom". According to Mike the black helper pulled out an apple and start eating it. Here comes Archie's side of the story. " oh no that isn't what happened. Archie made the plumber look like a gangster and the helper look like a black panther. According to Archie the helper pulled out a big switchblade and was waving it Archie's face threatingly. Then Edith told the truth. Two ordinary people and the black helper pulled out a little pocket knife and started eating it which he left behind and Edith showed to everybody. Mike started laughing and Said" Thats your terrible switchblade? Gloria intervended and Said" Wait a minute Michael you said there was no knife." Archie said " Yeah you said there was no knife." Gloria said" you are just as wrong as Daddy." Archie said " yeah you are just as wrong as me."
  •  03-03-2006, 12:56 PM 101 in reply to 98

My favorite episode is when Edith wants to go to her high school reunion, and Archie refuses to go with her. That is, until he learns that Edith's old crush - the popular, good-looking track star, Buck Evans - will be there. Archie's reaction to the changed Buck is hilarious, but Edith still sees him as the same beautiful person she knew. "But then you're beautiful too, Archie." In response, Archie makes the most childish, smirking face of mockery. I bust every time I see that. The other episode I really like is the one with George, the retarded young man. Archie's conversation with George's father is priceless comedy. The man says, "George's brother just passed his bar exam." Archie says, "Oh, yeah? Where's he tend bar?"
  •  03-03-2006, 12:57 PM 102 in reply to 100

My favorite was "SUCCESS STORY" where WILLIAM WINDOM was Ed Fraser, an army friend of archie who was a self-made millionaire and archie invited some other war buddies over for drinks at his home and when the guest of honor came over mike eavesdroped on a phone conversation. Ed had with his son and Ed tells his son he doesn't really want to be there it was just a ruse so he could try to talk to his son who was giving him the cold shoulder and when archie and company was singing for he's a "jolly good fellow" to ed he and mike exchanged glances that they both know the true meaning for this song which should have been for "he's not such a jolly god fellow" even archie tells mike "ED FRASER WILL HAVE YOU EATING OUT OF HIS HAND" in fact it was just the opposite that was the most touching segment of "AITF" it was very ARTifical the whole party for ed fraser was.

--art

•  03-03-2006, 1:13 PM 110 in reply to 102

I have never seen anything funnier than when Edith's cousin Maude came to help out when Gloria, Mike and Archie were sick. She knew exactley how to handle Archie but, watching her face when he merley mentioned the name "Franklin D. Roosevelt" and started in on how horrible he was, was absolutely hilarious to hear her get him back for talking about her hero! In the end she was preparing to leave and then suddenly Edith got sick and just as Archie saw a glimmer of hope for Maude being gone forever, she tapped him on the shoulder and sweetly said, "Maudie's here ". Priceless!!

--Jennifer aka "lashes"

•  03-03-2006, 1:13 PM 111 in reply to 110

Definitely a groundbreaking show-I remember watching it as a kid, and I still enjoy watching the reruns. My favorite episode was Edith's Problem-seeing her go from one extreme to the other (with no warning whatsoever) was absolutely hilarious. I was in tears from laughing by the end of the episode, and I think it is still the funniest episode of the series that ever aired.
View as RSS news feed in XML