Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of Mod Squad

Last post 03-08-2006, 1:07 PM by Slammin' Slamo. 10 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-08-2006, 1:04 PM 1169

Memories of Mod Squad

Too bad this show has never made it into syndication, I remember Linc, Susan I don’t recall the white guys name but this show had me glued to the screen. Oh, if i could see just one episode of this show again, great street stories, kewl cars, and a lot of action. Great intro music. The latest movies don’t even get close to the writers who wrote this show.

--racerxgtpro2002

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-08-2006, 1:05 PM 1170 in reply to 1169

Re: Memories of Mod Squad

Even though I was a young white teenager, Linc (the black one of the trio) was always my favorite. I used to copy the way he talked ("Solid","baby","cool it"), and the way he dressed (denim bell bottoms and jacket all of the same color with a wide collar shirt). And I always watched for the way he"d rip off his shades and literally fly as he"d leap onto a fleeing villian. I'd turn up the volume for the show"s theme song (I just ordered it from Amazon) and always wanted to own a car like their "woody". (The current Chrysler PT Cruiser with its wood paneling reminds me of it.) (The recent movie captured NONE of this.) My favorite episode was "A Time of Remembrance" in which Pete is about to quit the trio to work for his dad and Linc gets shot. The flashbacks are very emotional and highlight some of the best Linc footage.

--Red Tie Boy

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-08-2006, 1:05 PM 1171 in reply to 1170

Now a woman in my 40's I live in a rural area that never airs the show in syndication, so I search frantically for any videos I can find of my favorite show. Pete was always the 'babe', dark but sensitive, and the three characters played off each other beautifully. As a teenager I sat glued to the television watching for their next adventure or chase scene. Now I watch it with amusement, wondering how they wore those close and used that slang. Wish I could find an entire Mod Squad Collection of all the seasons. Bet it would be a top seller.

--A lifelong fan

•  03-08-2006, 1:06 PM 1172 in reply to 1171

I thought this was agreat show. It's a shame it never made it into syndication. I would love to sit and watch it all over again. I was in love with Michael Cole and search the internet looking for any information I can on him or the show. Sadly, there is not alot about him. I have the Mod Squad Stash Pack which I purchased a few years ago and every now and then I watch them. It brings back alot of memories of the 60's.

--deedee

•  03-08-2006, 1:06 PM 1173 in reply to 1172

My all time favorite television show. I always wanted to grow up to be Julie Barnes! Michael Cole was fantastic. It was a show ahead of it's time. As far as favorite episodes, A Time for Remebering, The Cave & Double for Danger all show the family relationship shared by the squad. With 123 episodes to choose from----picking #1 favorite is hard!
  •  03-08-2006, 1:06 PM 1174 in reply to 1173

Was about 6 years old when it aired on our black + white telly. Used to watch it mainly for the cars, lots of cool Mopars and Super70s muscle cars. Had the pleasure of seeing some late nightruns recently. Peggy Lipton looks even better in colour.

--Gaz N.Z

•  03-08-2006, 1:06 PM 1175 in reply to 1174

Use to watch this show with my dad! I was 10 at the time. Man, he loved this show! Our favorite part was the end of every episode as the camers pulled back. You see them walking and you knew it was coming - they freeze!! Haahahah!!! Linc had the cool stroll stopped in mid stride.

Little stuff like that you remember!!

--Cellus in Indy

•  03-08-2006, 1:07 PM 1176 in reply to 1175

I would love to see this show again. I loved watching Pete, Linc and Julie together. They were hip. Every show was great to watch for the action and suspense. I would love to buy each episode if it came out on video. Solid Baby!
  •  03-08-2006, 1:07 PM 1177 in reply to 1176

This was the ultimate show for a 5 year old whose parents divorced. I would always have dreams about them that they would come to my school and pick my sister and I up and take us to my dads, so we could get our parents back together. Amazing what goes on in kids minds/dreams. This was my favorite show next the Osmonds and Jackson 5 cartoons.

--Phoebs

•  03-08-2006, 1:07 PM 1178 in reply to 1177

I grew up in the 60's totally addicted to TV and "The Mod Squad" was my absolute favorite! I would but the TV Guide every week to find out what was going to be happening on Tuesday nights. I named my diary after Julie Barnes! Being a short, chubby gilr from Long Island I used to dream about being her. I had many favoirte episodes but I loved the one about the psychedelic bus wne Linc says something like " Never drink wine out of a paper cup". I can't beleive I just remembered that! I can't remember what I had for breakfast and I remember that line from 35 years ago! Amazing!
  •  03-08-2006, 1:07 PM 1179 in reply to 1178

Without a doubt this was for me the best TV show to come along at the time,

1968 is my favorite year I just turned 50 this year where does time fly, I look back on this show wiyh warmth, it was a time of change, but for me it was a time of innocense as well, learner permit, dating Jr high etc. . . .

Every tuesday night 7:30pm I was glued to this show it touched me that the characters really cared about the times but mainly about each other and it to

this day is still my all time favorite show, Mike Cole's (Pete)was the ultimate cool, the shades, the white shoes, the clothes man, i loved the Ford Woody, then the cool orange dodge challenger, then later the charger, i guess i'm ramblin on but it holds a special place in my heart, i've been fortunate enoght to have some on video, this past christmas my son gave me the original "Mod Squad" model it was very cool, I just looked at him and said solid. Its a shame its not dvd.

--Terry

View as RSS news feed in XML