Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Who won the @@^#^! election?

Last post 03-03-2006, 1:33 PM by Cynthasyzer. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-03-2006, 1:33 PM 132

Who won the @@^#^! election?

really didn't get into Benson until it appeared in syndication, at which point it was also in it's last season on ABC.

An interesting fact to note, is two characters from Benson appeared as regulars in two different Star Trek series - Ethan Phillips, who played Pete in Benson, played Neelix in Star Trek: Voyager (I'm NOT a Voyager fan), and Rene Auberjonois, who played Clayton Endicott, III in Benson, played the shape-shifting Constable Odo in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (and was the original Father Mulcahy in the movie M. A. S. H. ).

Benson was always a joy to watch, with Robert Guillaume cracking his wit almost non-stop.

It also allowed the growth of the characters (quite literally in Missy Gold's case, as she grew from a little girl to a teenager), allowing the cruel Greta Kraus to become a kind woman, Clayton to also mellow in his back-stabbing ways, and Benson himself, from a director of household affairs in the Governor's Mansion to the Leuitenant Governor (I always had a deep desire to see Jessica Tate's (Soap, where the show Benson spun off from) reation to Benson's success!

Lastly, I must voice my dissatisfaction with what I consider the worst thing about this show - at the series' end we are left with a cliffhanger, with Benson running for Governor against Gene Gatling - presumably the producers were going to follow up in the next season, except. . . . . the show was cancelled!

Now we will NEVER KNOW who won the election!

--Anonymous

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
View as RSS news feed in XML