Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of Streets of San Francisco

Last post 03-11-2006, 4:34 PM by Motrmouth. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-11-2006, 4:31 PM 1349

Memories of Streets of San Francisco

I absolutely loved Streets of San Francisco! My family was on vacation there once and they filmed a couple of scenes at our hotel (which are now condos!). Of course, this was after Michael left the show, but it was still cool to watch them film. San Francisco's always been my favorite city and Streets will always be my favorite show!

--Bearness

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-11-2006, 4:31 PM 1350 in reply to 1349

Re: Memories of Streets of San Francisco

This was a pretty good show. I like the one where Steve Keller was almost drowned by madman from jail bent on revenge. Michael did a fine job and looked really fine too. Karl Malden was always superb. I liked Richard Hatch a lot after Michael Douglas left.
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-11-2006, 4:32 PM 1352 in reply to 1350

I lived in San Francisco from 1976 to 1980 as a teenager and loved the show being set in my city. I was lucky enough to meet Karl Malden while he was filming and he was very gracious to me and took time to talk to me even though I must have been only 16 at the time. Michael Douglas was not as friendly and acted like your typical celebrity, but Karl Malden was really cool!
  •  03-11-2006, 4:32 PM 1355 in reply to 1352

The streets of San Francisco will always be one of the best action T.V shows ever aired. Every episode's plot is very thorough and the detail put into the investigatory work by the charactors is excellent for a one hour show. Both Malden and Douglas were a great combination and I believe that Douglas is now as great as he is because of Malden. My favorite episode was the one where a mobster hangs out in a teachers window in order to "off" another mobster. This show is also great because if you are a muscle car fan you will see tones of muscle in this show. I find myself pausing the show at times to view these great car and city shots. If you want to see more of San francisco in the early Super70s, you want to check out the movie Bullitt with Steve McQueen.

--1968mopar

•  03-11-2006, 4:34 PM 1358 in reply to 1349

I see Streets Of San Francisco re-runs on KDOC-TV channel 56 in Southern California. It's a tv series that was long before my time. I was a child of the Awesome80s and graduated from high school in 2000. The Streets Of San Francisco was a Super70s show that starred a young Michael Douglas and Karl Malden as detectives based in San Francisco where the show was set. Michael Douglas is pretty smart as the private investigator/police officer and no-nonsense, in much the same way that Jack Lord did in Hawaii Five-O which was running at the same time in the Super70s. San Francisco's seedy darker side really comes out in the show- there is prostitution busts, a sordid drug culture, murder and plenty of car chases. It was cool at the time I suppose. I enjoy watching the series now in re-run form. I like the unusual format of the show- everytime they cut to a commercial they count it as "Act I" Act 2" and usually ends in Act 3. . as if it were a movie script and the episodes have names. Very cool.

--Jessica

•  03-11-2006, 4:34 PM 1360 in reply to 1349

The Streets of San Francisco. Wow. I still love this gritty crime drama, which is uniquely Super70s and San Franciscoan. The show tackled the true issues of the era, and gave us an image of police work as it truly was- not a padded version. I can still remember watching, and asking my wife to tell me when it came on. I cannot get enough of the theme song- cool! Plus, I love the work of Karl Malden and Michael Douglas best!

--RINGO

View as RSS news feed in XML