Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

San Francisco streets circa 1975

Last post 03-11-2006, 4:35 PM by Motrmouth. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-11-2006, 4:33 PM 1357

San Francisco streets circa 1975

The Streets of San Francisco was great show. comepletly filmed on location and fun to look at building and places that no longer exist. I have a friend who has a 1972 Ford Galaxie 500 4-door sedan. when he bought the car used the ad said "looks just like the car from The Streets of San Francisco TV show" it is Dark Brown in colour with matching cloth interior.

It was from Quinn Martin (QM) productions (act I, Act II, Act III, Act IV and Epilogue). I like how the show was done (no exessive violence) and got commendations from SFPD and fraternal order of police.

--Frank11784@hotmail.com

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-11-2006, 4:34 PM 1359 in reply to 1357

Re: San Francisco streets circa 1975

I remember in 1977, they were shooting an episode in my home town of Burlingame Ca. , Richard Hatch was in it also it guest stared Pat Hingle, a really good character actor. Every day they were shooting we would go over to Easton dr. and see if we could one of the actors. I remember a lot of really cute girls going into RH's trailer. the episode was a good one despite RH . It was about a man that was really paranoid and was a afraid of every body. he put up a chain link fence in front of his house. He also shot a cop in the show. There was also a very pretty actress that played his wife . I'm not sure but I think her name was Pat Crowley. I like all the shows and try to catch them on UPN, but this one really stands out. Please put them on DVD. . . .

--danny-boy

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-11-2006, 4:35 PM 1361 in reply to 1357

Re: San Francisco streets circa 1975

My father worked in San Francisco from 1969-1985 and he met the stars many times and for my 8th birthday (July 1972) my father took me to "The City" and we drove around for hours looking for the filming team. Never saw them but Robert Cummins was at some mall and we have a PIC of Bob and I so that was fun. I went on to have a 3. 5 year career in police work and I can honestly say this show had a HUGE impact on my career choice! Karl Malden is so good and I loved it when his daughter would (very rarley) call him Dad (SHe usually just called him "Mike") Great show!

--Karlie

View as RSS news feed in XML