Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Bewitched one of the funniest and cleverest sitcoms..

Last post 03-03-2006, 1:37 PM by Cynthasyzer. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-03-2006, 1:35 PM 134

Bewitched one of the funniest and cleverest sitcoms..

This sitcom (with its original cast) was one of the funniest and cleverest ever produced, in my opinion. Having the beautiful and talented Elizabeth Montgomery as its star certainly didn"t hurt either! Dick York lives on in the hearts of his fans as the forever-befuddled Darrin, while Agnes Moorehead bedevils him mercilessy and hilariously. Excellent and goofy sight gags helped also. In its early years, you just couldn"t ask for better than Liz and company in Bewitched!

--Gadget57

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-03-2006, 1:36 PM 135 in reply to 134

Re: Bewitched one of the funniest and cleverest sitcoms..

Although I was too young to see the actual airing of 'Bewitched', I watched every episode as far back as I can remember along with my siblings. We adored Liz and Dick York because they were so romantic, not to mention comic genius'. It was good, clean comedy that made you feel good the whole day! My older brothers liked Aunt Clara not only because she was hilarious, but because my Mom's name is Clare. I loved the show so much (and still do) that I named my only child, Samantha, after the character. Hats off to William Asher for putting together a memorable cast that shall never be forgotten. Now I can still enjoy watching 'Bewitched' with my own Samantha who also loves the program!!

--catmott

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-03-2006, 1:37 PM 137 in reply to 135

Re: Bewitched one of the funniest and cleverest sitcoms..

"Bewitched" is my all-time, favorite sitcom ever! When I was a kid in the 60s, I couldn't wait for Thursday night at 7:30 (Chicago time). My most poignant memory of "Bewitched" is an episode in which Darrin has had it with Samantha and her magic and decides to tell the world. Samantha gives him a magical dream where he does tell Larry Tate and the Kravitzes and, of course, the world finds out.

Unfortunately, that original episode aired on Thursday, April 3, 1968, the same night that Dr. Martin Luther King was assassinated. In Chicago, "Bewitched" was preempted half-way through to inform us of the assassination, so I never saw the end of that episode until "Bewitched" went off the air and I saw it in reruns when I was in high school (I would've seen it that summer in reruns, but my family shipped me off to camp the week it aired!).

--Mitchell1660

View as RSS news feed in XML