Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Favorite episodes of The Waltons

Last post 03-11-2006, 5:00 PM by Motrmouth. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-11-2006, 4:55 PM 1399

Favorite episodes of The Waltons

My favorite episaoed of THE WALTONS was FOUNDERS DAY. even though it didn't star RICHARD THOMAS (the bestest actor in the world) I found it most enlighting. I have watched that episode 5x and I still cry every time I see it. It seems to sum up everything the show was trying to get across. I hope to continue watching the show for years to come and I feel it should never be taken off the air. It has good wholesome values and the family works together to get through tough times. Thank-you so much for making this show EARL HAMNER, I will never forget the talent you have to write this wonderful story.

--Candi

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-11-2006, 4:55 PM 1402 in reply to 1399

Re: Favorite episodes of The Waltons

I don't know what the episode was called but it's the one that Olivia takes on J.D. to provide child care for the women workers in his plant. They are working for him who in return was under contract to the goverment. It's hard to believe that in that day and time day care was not even an option. Olivia tried taking care of them at home (and for free might I add) but it didn't work out, the kids kept getting into trouble, mostly the boys,trying to use the wood working equipment. When Olivia goes to J.D. with the idea of opening a day care center for the kids he says no way,I don't have room,etc. And when Arron comes home one day and says that J.D. has opened a tavern,well Olivia goes to J.D. and confronts him, needless to say in the end Olivia gets her day care and J.D. keeps the tavern. This show is so wonderful then and now. I watch it every chance I get because it's about a time in this world when things seemed hard to the people living it, but in today's world those were good times,when you didn't have to lock the doors,you knew your neighbors and their families..your kids could play outside without worry of them being snatched. It's a time that I would love to see again,but it won't happen in my lifetime or my children or grandchildrens..so so sad. The show makes me feel good about this world,takes me out of today and makes me smile.

--Linda M

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-11-2006, 5:00 PM 1406 in reply to 1399

Re: Favorite episodes of The Waltons

I was flooded with tears when I saw the episode where John Boy leaves home. He and his parents were sitting on the porch at night and he was was telling them how wonderful New York was. He knew it was time to leave home and they knew it too. He cried and I cried. What a blessing for Earl Hamner to have opened the pages of his life and shared them with us.

--Barb

View as RSS news feed in XML