Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Favorite Flip Wilson episodes

Last post 03-11-2006, 5:44 PM by Slammin' Slamo. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-11-2006, 5:41 PM 1432

Favorite Flip Wilson episodes

Best episode: Harry Belafonte. And, they had the best band of any show on the air at the time, which incuded top jazz musicians, although the audience didn't know who was playing, as they were behind a curtain behind them - Buddy Collette among them.
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-11-2006, 5:41 PM 1433 in reply to 1432

Re: Favorite Flip Wilson episodes

I have three (favorite episodes). The one with Aretha Franklin as guest (the FIRST time). The second one is the one that had Mahailia Jackson as guest (I believe it was one of her last appearances on TV) and the the third had the Clara Ward Singers as guest. I would LOVE to find those shows!
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-11-2006, 5:41 PM 1434 in reply to 1433

My favorite Flip Wilson Episode is when the Supremes (post-Diana Ross; featuring Jean Terrell, Mary Wilson, and Cindy Birdsong) appeared and performed three of my favorite songs: "It's time to break down", "Stoned Love", and "We've only just begun". They also performed a skit with Flip entitled "Milady's Boutique."

--Brian L. Scott

•  03-11-2006, 5:42 PM 1435 in reply to 1434

Any show with the incomparable Geraldine "Got a bucket for ya' honey" Jones is my favorite. Flip Wilson will be missed.

--Mrs. Martin

•  03-11-2006, 5:43 PM 1437 in reply to 1435

The only time I watched this show was when TV Land was reruning it and I just had to see it because the Osmonds were on it!{I am a Huge Fan!}. Anyway,that whole night I kept waking up and couldn't sleep at all. Then the time came, I watched him and Lucy Ball as in I Love Lucy act, then he palyed Gerealdene. Finally, the Osmonds came on! Even though I knew that it was at least 30 years old and man could they lip-snich great! Then, I will never forget thier great outfits, all spirklely and with a different colored belt for each person! They each had thier own color.

--TT

•  03-11-2006, 5:43 PM 1439 in reply to 1437

The best was when he had "And The Pips' on as his musical guest. They sang a couple of Gladys Night and The Pips songs, just doing the Pips parts. It was hilarious.
  •  03-11-2006, 5:43 PM 1440 in reply to 1439

My favorite was when Lucille Ball and Ed Sullivan was on - they were doing a stit where Gerldine and Lucy work at a Drive in and Ed was Lucy's boyfriend and Gerdine and Lucy was fighting because Gerldine was flirting with Lucy's man when Ed (Johnny) was pulling them apart he unknowingly had his hand on Gerldine's breast, you can see the shocked look on all three actors faces - and the very embarrssed look on Ed Sullivan's face, I still laugh when I think about it

--Hi Doll

•  03-11-2006, 5:44 PM 1441 in reply to 1440

I love the episode with Joe Namath - Geraldine is applying for the women's instructor.

--Matt

View as RSS news feed in XML