Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of High Chaparral

Last post 03-11-2006, 6:15 PM by Contrarian. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-11-2006, 6:13 PM 1489

Memories of High Chaparral

A great show - great acting from Leif Erikson, Cameron Mitchell and Henry Darrow, My favorite episodes are: "A Time to Live and a Time to Die" and "The Terrorist."
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-11-2006, 6:13 PM 1490 in reply to 1489

Re: Memories of High Chaparral

When I was very young, about 5 or 6 years old, it was my most favourite program in whole world. I loved the charater Buck Cannon and every time I played cowboys and Indians I would always want to imitate him. The show was overall fantastic and still till this day think that it is, I only wished that it was still being shown because I could watched it all day.
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-11-2006, 6:13 PM 1492 in reply to 1490

I still like to watch the series aired in my country..Malaysia. Even my mom still love to see Buck, Manolito and the others. I especially liked the desert scenery and the connection with the Cannons and Montoyas. Henry Darrow as Manolito was my favorite actor...plus I loved his horse!
  •  03-11-2006, 6:14 PM 1494 in reply to 1492

I loved watching the High Chaparral, but my most favorite was when they first introduced the character, Wind, played by Rudy Ramos. I was 15 at the time and fell head over heals in love! And I am still enamored of him to this day, I look for him all the time on TV and Movies. I am a fan until the day I die, and even then, I will look down on Rudy and watch over him.

--SusieQwho

•  03-11-2006, 6:14 PM 1495 in reply to 1494

Wonderful show! Had the pleasure of meeting Bob Hoy (Joe) in 1996, and Henry Darrow (Mano) and Linda Cristal (Victoria) in 1998. Super nice folks!! Favorite episodes -- Mi Casa Su Casa; Trail to Nevermore; Once Upon a Day in the Spring.

--ChapFan

•  03-11-2006, 6:14 PM 1496 in reply to 1495

An excellent show, and the main reason I took Spanish in high school! (I always wanted to know what Victoria was saying when she went off at Manolito!) For the first few seasons, Buck was my favorite character...I wanted an uncle like him! Then they introduced WIND....OH MY! Uncle Buck took second place to the man of my dreams!

--Wind's Woman

•  03-11-2006, 6:15 PM 1498 in reply to 1496

This was one of my favorite TV series of my childhood. Buck was my favorite character on the show and my favorite episode was the one where they went back in time to where Buck and John Cannon were on opposite sides during the War Between the States. Apparently they were originally from Missouri or one of the other border states because Buck was a Confederate soldier and John was a yankee in that episode.
View as RSS news feed in XML