Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of Kung Fu

Last post 03-11-2006, 7:03 PM by Cynthasyzer. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-11-2006, 7:01 PM 1536

Memories of Kung Fu

Love your site. I remember Kung Fu. It had lots of slow motion violence but presented non violent ways of dealing with evil,as well. I remember Harrison Ford and A. Martinez as guest stars along with lots of others. A very important part for me was the music, (David playing his flute) and also as the end credits ran and he was slogging up a sandy hill, barefooted,the theme music ended as the camera caught the sunset. It was magical.

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-11-2006, 7:02 PM 1538 in reply to 1536

Re: Memories of Kung Fu

I remember practicing walking across rice paper, well not real rice paper. I must have had a good imagination because people say I still walk softly. My brother and I would snatch peables from each others hands. And believe it or not years ago I actualy caught a fist in my hand (a girl friends brother playing around). 

--LWB

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-11-2006, 7:02 PM 1539 in reply to 1538

I'll never forget when Kung Fu first appeared on the ABC movie of the week back in 72. By the time he threw his first kick in the local saloon (after having walked across the desert) I was hooked big time. That movie of course turned out to be a pilot for the TV series. I don't know if others remember that the earliest episodes of the series played only once per month and each was 90 minutes long. I wonder if the DVD release will reflect this. It was a very long wait between shows, endless for a 13 year old, but the first season really delivered. One can only wonder how the show would have faired with Bruce Lee in the title role but I have to say that David Carradine did an excellent job in my opinion. In later episodes I did eventually wish the fight scenes were not shown in slow motion all the time. All in all, the show was alot of fun at its peak.
  •  03-11-2006, 7:03 PM 1541 in reply to 1539

I'll never forget when Kung Fu first appeared on the ABC movie of the week back in 72. By the time he threw his first kick in the local saloon (after having walked across the desert) I was hooked big time. That movie of course turned out to be a pilot for the TV series. I don't know if others remember that the earliest episodes of the series played only once per month and each was 90 minutes long. I wonder if the DVD release will reflect this. It was a very long wait between shows, endless for a 13 year old, but the first season really delivered. One can only wonder how the show would have faired with Bruce Lee in the title role but I have to say that David Carradine did an excellent job in my opinion. In later episodes I did eventually wish the fight scenes were not shown in slow motion all the time. All in all, the show was alot of fun at its peak.
View as RSS news feed in XML