Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams

Last post 03-11-2006, 7:24 PM by Contrarian. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-11-2006, 7:21 PM 1571

Memories of The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams

I was only very young when Grizzly Adams was screening but I have vivid memories of this wonderful show. Although I haven't seen an episode since the late seventies it remains one of my all-time favourite productions. I remember as I child watching the opening credits with Grizzly and Ben up on the ridge thinking to myself that they were somehow trapped on the mountain, forever. This seemed to me to be the most wonderful fate. I do to this day love the theme.

--Maybe

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-11-2006, 7:22 PM 1572 in reply to 1571

Re: Memories of The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams

To tell ya the truth, I don't remeber any certain show, I did remeber the theme song, word for word. I never missed a show. I sang the "Maybe" song to my girls at bedtime, I still do. I was young when it aired. but I loved the show, Dan Haggerty, Ben, all of them. I wish I had every show to show my girls just how incredible the show was. I remeber a lot of it but I'm not sure if it was all from one show. I wish I had Dan Haggerty's E-mail to tell him how important he was to me when I was growing up and how important the "Maybe" song is to my girls now. If someone knows his e-mail, let me know. I'm sure he would like to know how he affected me me and my growing up.

--RedInk82

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-11-2006, 7:22 PM 1574 in reply to 1572

I grew up watching the show and if I didn't get to watch the show when I was a kid I use to cry. My favorites on the show were Grizzly Adams of course but I as far as animals go my favorite was #7 and lady the hawk. I watched every show aired and would love more then anything if the show would be put back on the air, even if it is reruns. I love the show and and everyone that was on it.

--Row from WV

•  03-11-2006, 7:23 PM 1577 in reply to 1574

My sister Tanya absolutely loved this show as a child and growing up - watching the show, loving the characters and the messages that ran through the show as well as the theme song. Tan used to sing the theme song all the time, it would stick in my head and I would find myself singing it. Our childhood was very abusive in every way so the older we got the more we realised and understood the meaning of the words, and how we wished we could be somewhere else.

My sister loved this song so much that we once made a pact that at each other's funeral's we would remember to have the requested song that we told each other - Tan's was the Grizzly Adam's theme song "Maybe". Years went by and our lives got better, we found wonderful trusting and supportive partners and had our beautiful children. Sadly, just when my Tan was finally really happy for the first time in her life she was killed in a car accident (just 31yrs). So I gave her, her last wish and got a choir to belt out the theme song at the beginning of her funeral - and I'm sure she was belting it out in heaven. Thanks to you Grizzy Adams for giving my sister her last wish.

--lilly

•  03-11-2006, 7:24 PM 1579 in reply to 1571

I loved this TV Show as a 6 or 7 year old kid. I remember that the theme song "Maybe" always gave me chills of excitement because I knew that Grizzly Adams and Ben, the bear, were in the most peaceful place of all, the wilderness. I knew that they would always protect each other from any harm, they were so close. I always wanted to have a pet like Ben when I was little. I used to love the way Ben would make that growling noise. Can you hear him? I only remember bits and pieces of the TV Show. I wish that I could get copies of the original TV series!!! I've recently been on a mission looking on EBAY to find these episodes from the TV series. It would be so great to watch them again!!! I've seen on EBAY, "The Life And Times Of Grizzly Adams, " I think is the first of the series and "The Capture Of Grizzly Adams" I think is the last of the series. I will be purchasing at least these 2.

--stevehen24

•  03-11-2006, 7:24 PM 1580 in reply to 1579

I was an animal lover as a kid. This show came from the movie version. I saw the movie at the Theatre and really enjoyed it. The stories got lame there at the end.

--napoleon

View as RSS news feed in XML