Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of Wonder Woman

Last post 03-14-2006, 12:04 AM by Cynthasyzer. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-14-2006, 12:02 AM 1854

Memories of Wonder Woman

What a fun show this was! Sure the acting was not the best, the plots were weak, the special fx a bit wanting, but it was still fun none-the-less! They don"t make "em like this anymore. No foul language, no indecent plot lines, just good 'ol American fun. And Wow! Lynda Carter sure did look fantastic in her Wonder Woman outfit! Red, White, Blue, Gold and curves that wouldn"t quit!
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-14-2006, 12:02 AM 1855 in reply to 1854

Re: Memories of Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman was a wonderful show when seen through the eyes of a child. I was five-years-old when the series began; and long before I was old enough to understand sexuality Lynda Carter twisted my stomach into knots! I didn't know why - though it became quite clear as I matured! It was fantastic, along with the Six-Million-Dollar Man, Starsky and Hutch, the Incredible Hulk, Wonder Woman was breathtaking, colour and very positive. I loved the show then - and I love Lynda Carter now!

--JJ Ezytouch

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-14-2006, 12:03 AM 1858 in reply to 1855

I remember being a kid in México when I first saw Wonder Woman and fell in love with the series. La Mujer Maravilla as it was known in Spanish was very popular, I remember little girls sprinkling flour all over the floor and stomping on it so it will create the smoking effect, then they would emerge from the "smoke" and battle the bad kids. We always got together at someone's house to watch it and soon after the show was over, we would go out and play out the episode that we had just watched.

--Luis Toscano

•  03-14-2006, 12:04 AM 1861 in reply to 1858

There is a fondness for this show that runs deep. I was shopping recently in a prominent youth-trend-oriented clothing retailer that always plays loud current music in their stores. When "Wonder Woman" came on as part of a mix, every shopper (young and not so young) was smiling.
  •  03-14-2006, 12:04 AM 1862 in reply to 1861

Sadly I can never seem to be anything more than just sort of a devotee of the wonder woman television show. Contrary to the many arguments, and anger thrown at me I am allowed to believe she should have been made as unstoppable as superman except for one weakness (just like Superman). I always felt upset - I still do when she is taken down. It seems an irony to me that a superbeing who can so easily lift and or stop vehicles and bend metal should be stopped as easily as she was. In as much as I thought the show sexist I would also have worshipped a far more reavealing costume. To close with courtesy, thank you.

--sugarslob

View as RSS news feed in XML