Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Favorite episodes...

Last post 03-03-2006, 2:18 PM by Cynthasyzer. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-03-2006, 2:16 PM 182

Favorite episodes...

The third installment of the second season titled "On the Road" guest starred Mackenzie Phillips, Strother Martin and Garey Busey. This episode was unique in that it strayed from the typical Baretta storyline as our hero is taken hostage by two cop killing drifters. Phillips plays a runaway purse snatcher that gets snared into the plot. The acting and tension is intense by all. Baretta was the best of the Super70s cop shows. Though it's dated with its Super70s overtones, the characters are timeless and would hold up even in a 21st century show just fine. My best to Robert Blake.

--Moxxxxxxy

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-03-2006, 2:16 PM 183 in reply to 182

Re: Favorite episodes...

Used to watch this one and then Starsky and Hutch without fail. Hated to miss even one episode of the foxy Italian Stallion. I had to pay my dues and watch TVland to catch up the man. Don't Go To Bed with no price on your head... And you can take that one to the bank!

--Mani

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-03-2006, 2:16 PM 184 in reply to 182

I especially liked the episode where Baretta was protecting a witness of a robbery. She had been in a mental institution, and Baretta set her straight. His line "Everybody is crazy!" still sticks in my head when something frightens me or I'm worrying. His little talk about getting back out there and keeping on with your life was encouraging for me, even now.

--mp, virginia

•  03-03-2006, 2:17 PM 185 in reply to 183

This show was definately one of my fav's at the time. My sister was going out with a deputy that sort of resembled him, had the same build. I thought Robert Blake was a hunk, never missed an episode. He put so much soul into his work. I think he's innocent, and wish him all the best.
  •  03-03-2006, 2:17 PM 186 in reply to 184

To tell you the truth my memories of Baretta are vague. Though I have a good feeling about it. I was just a kid 9-12 years old. Likely I couldn't watch it since it was probably on at nine. That is my guess. All I know is I liked the song and the bird and the few clips I likely saw. It is a good memory of mine. Now at the age of 37 years later I want to order the dvd of his first season. I want to appreciate a classic show. It will be like I am watching a brand-new series really. Fresh to me yet with a feel of nastalgia. When times were less complicated and shows like Baretta was looked up to with a larger than life impression. Take me back Baretta, take me back!!!!

--Jerry Schromm

•  03-03-2006, 2:18 PM 187 in reply to 185

I was really glad when they put the 1st season of Beretta on DVD. The first episode where Baretta is ready to marry His longtime girlfriend only to lose Her in an ambush meant for Him, was a great beginning to the series. It set the tone for His tough as nails, get the bad guy no matter what it takes, attitude. Robert Blake was also a great frequent guest on the Super70s talk show circuit telling wild stories of His wild childhood. He's a real Super70s icon !!

--Michael C.

View as RSS news feed in XML