Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Loved Donnie and Marie!

Last post 04-15-2006, 4:21 PM by Happi-Puppi. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2006, 3:31 PM 482

Loved Donnie and Marie!

Donny and Marie is the most amazing show ever! The two youngest sibling duo to have their own television show and boy howdy do we know why? Skating, fabulous stuff. And their voices, still melt my heart. They should bring this television show back, I miss it so much!
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 3:33 PM 486 in reply to 482

Re: Loved Donnie and Marie!

I have always been and still am a fan of Donnie and Marie Osmond as well as the Osmond Family. This show like Sonny and Cher was packed with so much entertainment and talent and a show your whole family could watch. Donnie and Marie to me are what definition of talent means. I remember Donnie when Andy Williams (Another Great Talent) introduced them on his show. I hope this is another show they will consider to rerun.

--Sylvia

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 3:33 PM 487 in reply to 486

I remember when I was 6 years old watching Donny & Marie every Friday night, that it was great variety show. I also remember when I went to Utah, I took a tour to the Osmond Studio. I even saw Donny's dressing room. I was such a big fan of them that I even have their Barbie dolls still to this day. I hope that maybe one day I could meet Donny & Marie in person & tell them that I was one of their fans.

--Gigi- Venice, CA

•  03-05-2006, 3:34 PM 488 in reply to 482

I was 11 years old when Donny and Marie first aired on TV. I lived in a small town called Tenants Harbor Maine. I never missed one show, every friday night id be at the tube watching and then I decided to tape there show on a tape recorder (all they had back then)and then me and my friend carloine would go down to the field on a table and she would be donny and I would be marie and we would sing all there songs and acted all there skits out that was on there show that friday night. I collect all the ablums they made the dolls made of them and the Tiger Beat magazine that came out with them teen beat also. I researched all there lives and there family and then I ended up living with a morman family so then I new there relgous back ground. that is what I rember most of Donny and Marie.

--laurie

•  04-15-2006, 4:21 PM 2265 in reply to 488

Two hilarious things I'll never forget seeing on this show.....and both happen to Donny!Big Smile [:D] First is Marie gives him some chocolate candy and then reveals to Donny that it's "chocolate covered grasshoppers". LOL!  I loved his surprise expression because he had already swallowed some!!Big Smile [:D]

The second one,I'm sure most fans recall,is Marie,with help from her brothers,end up tossing Donny into a giant cream pie on-stage!  "Instead of throwing a pie at a person,we're throwing a person at a pie"! Marie stated. Definetly the most unforgettable funny moment in the run of the show. Unless you think Donny's purple socks are funnier! Wink [;)]

View as RSS news feed in XML