Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Positive role model for young women

Last post 03-03-2006, 3:44 PM by Contrarian. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-03-2006, 3:41 PM 247

Positive role model for young women

I have to give credit to Lindsay Wagner for creating a role that was a positive role model for young ladies. Jamie Sommers never used weapons or killed the enemy. She always won by using her strength and wits. This was inpart due to Lindsays' insistance that guns and extreme violence not be a part of the show. I was a huge fan of the show when I was 8 years old and I am now in my 30's and I am still a huge fan of Lindsay Wagner. Even all of her work after the Bionic Woman has has been a positive role model for women. It is nice to see an actress that thinks of her fans and not just fame and a paycheck. Her work has always been inspiring. Thank you Lindsay!

--Bionic Fan

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-03-2006, 3:42 PM 249 in reply to 247

Re: Positive role model for young women

I loved her so much that I was thrilled to get the Bionic Woman Game AND the Bionic Woman Doll (with removable bionic parts) for Christmas!

--civsgirl

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-03-2006, 3:44 PM 254 in reply to 247

Re: Positive role model for young women

First of all she had beauty and brains, and she could act and brought out a superhero with a sensitive caring side. Lindsay Wagner is still one of my favorite actresses. I loved the Sasquatch crossover - where Jaime didn't want to hurt him but fought him for Steve's sake. The female wrestling episode was good - she has a way of not taking herself to seriously and added comedic touches and cliches as needed. Doomsday and Kill Oscar and Fembots in Vegas all were great.

--Markymark

View as RSS news feed in XML