Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Favorite M*A*S*H episodes...

Last post 08-15-2007, 1:50 AM by gcrawford. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2006, 6:06 PM 654

Favorite M*A*S*H episodes...

My favorite MASH is the show that Hawkeye and Trapper teach a patient a lesson about being againist black people.It hit home to me,because I'm mixed,and I get flak-back from kids at school.It made me feel good that Hawkeye and Trapper were different.It's not easy being different. Hawkeye and Trapper have been my favorite on MASH sence I seem that show.

--Tiffany (age 13)

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 6:06 PM 655 in reply to 654

Re: Favorite M*A*S*H episodes...

I had many, many favorite episodes of M*A*S*H. One that stands out though, is the one where "Hawkeye" Pierce, the superb and ever-irreverent chief surgeon, makes a major blunder. He did so by operating on a seriously injured "Radar" while being so intoxicated, that he couldn"t finish the surgery. Afterwards, "Hawkeye" received a serious tongue-lashing for his transgression by the other characters, including "Radar", who lost respect for his "hero". That episode forced both the other characters in the show, and also the viewers, to see the revered "Hawkeye" for what he was; a guy with human frailties, trying to perform day after day under hellish conditions as best he could. The show"s writers really out-did themselves when they penned that episode.
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 6:06 PM 656 in reply to 654

I have seen every episode and I get a real kick out of the way Hockeye and BJ toe taged Frank Burns and he ended up at the front. I never laughed so hard! Then they had to go get him when Col Potter ordered them to get him . It was so funny. Another favorite was when Trapper got the orders he was being sent home and Hockeye had no idea because he was on r&r . When Radar was going to pick up BJ and Hockeye found out, he insisted on going . They find BJ and head to the officer's bar and Radar was only a Corporal. It was really funny when they came out and found the Jeep missing . Both Hockeye and BJ where so drunk and Hockeye takes the General's Jeep! I especialy like when they get back to camp and BJ calls Frank Ferrit face. I never miss an episode. I am a big fan
  •  03-05-2006, 6:07 PM 658 in reply to 654

M*A*S*H was - and still is - my favorite TV show of all time. I have recorded every episode off TV reruns and can pretty much tell what each episode is about at the beginning. My favorite has to be the final episode - especially the scene where Hawkeye and BJ salute Potter. It brings tears to my eyes every time I watch it. I don't think there will ever be another TV show of the caliber of M*A*S*H, nor will there be one that deals with subjects that are "taboo" the way this show did. It was ground-breaking and a bit ahead of its time. Thanks to the cast and crew of this wonderfully funny, yet serious, show.

--Music1958

•  03-05-2006, 6:10 PM 663 in reply to 654

I am a huge M*A*S*H fan and always will be. I have so many favorites it is very hard to choose. I must say though the one entitled Dear Dad Again, really makes me laugh my socks off everytime I watch it. Seeing Frank Burns drunk and actually getting along with Hawkeye and Trapper , was definitely an off the wall event. It only takes a funnier turn when Frank comes back to the Swamp and asks Hawkeye for a double martini, he ends up so drunk, singing off the wall made up songs it keeps me rolling in the aisles long after I have watched it. The wonderful titles Franks sings about are hilarious just to name , like Ive got a gal from Kalamzoo, and Shut your Cakehole. Not to mention the story he gives Trapper and Hawkeye about being called Farrett face by his brother as a young child. This episode definitely shows the comedic side that helped to make this show such a hit. M*A*S*H will always be #1 in my book.

--Katwillis

•  03-05-2006, 6:11 PM 666 in reply to 654

My favorite episode of M*A*S*H by far is the episode where Colonel Blake dies. I think it was perfect the way the whole episode was happy and funny until the end and then it gets sad all of a sudden. It was kind of sad, though, when Henry said, "Now you behave yourself, Radar, or I'm gonna come back and kick your butt, " and then Radar starts crying.

--Smiley

•  03-05-2006, 6:12 PM 668 in reply to 654

My most favorite episode was the one where there was a shortage of supplies and they all had to share tents. The men all bunked with Henry Blake and got on each others' nerves with their individual night time rituals (Klinger putting Creme de Mint cream on his face, and Henry having to "go to the sandbox" after everyone else was settled. )

However, I enjoy every episode!

--MP Virginia

•  08-15-2007, 1:50 AM 2779 in reply to 663

searching for Shut Your Cakehole audio clip

I'm trying to find an audio clip of the "Shut Your Cakehole" song Frank sang.  From reading the thread, it sounds like it's from Season 1, episode 18 (Dear Dad... Again).

Can anyone provide a clip to this, either in .wav or .mp3 format?  I'd LOVE it!

Thanks!

View as RSS news feed in XML