Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

#1 'Dallas' Fan!

Last post 05-11-2009, 11:04 PM by xc183037786. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-04-2006, 12:32 PM 389

#1 'Dallas' Fan!

I was the #1 fan of Dallas. When the show ended abruptly in May of 1991, I was devastated. I went through serious withdrawals. Every Friday for six months after the show ended, I found myself staring at my TV set hoping beyond hope that CBS would reconsider and give Dallas at least one more season.

A few years ago, I visited the real Southfork Ranch and mansion just north of Dallas, Texas. I was in heaven. I spent three hours reading press clippings, watching famous clips and taking pictures of every room and the exterior. I liken it to the pilgrimage to Mecca. Every fan of Dallas should visit Southfork at least once before they die.

--J.R. and Bobby lives on

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-04-2006, 12:34 PM 392 in reply to 389

Re: #1 'Dallas' Fan!

I was a huge Dallas fan and it's great writing and excellent cliff-hangers were what made me become a writer later in life. The episode that sticks in my mind, maybe because it is such a well-written and truly a guy episode, is the one where the plane gets downed in the swamp and the Ewing men are stuck there. It was the ultimate male-bonding episdoe and it felt real and not forced like so many other shows.

I was in college when Dallas had it's Swan song and I think watching the last episode was the one thing that truly reminded me things were changing and I had grown up. A part of my childhood died with Dallas. It awakened me to great storytelling and as an adult it awakened me once more to the fact that somethings were changing for ever.

--lowbudgethorror

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-04-2006, 12:34 PM 393 in reply to 392

I don't remember much about this show, but I do remember that it was--at four years old--my favorite TV show! Even before I was in kindergarten, I remember looking forward to Friday nights so I could watch my favorite show. Looking back I'm surprised my parents let me watch it! Everyone always laughs when I tell them my favorite show as a kid was Dallas!

--Caroline

•  05-11-2009, 11:04 PM 2896 in reply to 393

View as RSS news feed in XML