Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Loved the Theme Song to Family Holvak

Last post 04-06-2015, 6:19 PM by BRMarshall. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-07-2006, 1:27 PM 943

Loved the Theme Song to Family Holvak

Most of all, I loved the opening song. I can't remember the name or any of the words, but it, along with the beautiful pastoral Tennessee scenery, made me feel so peaceful and comforted. I was only a little child when the show aired, so I can't remember any specific episodes, but I remember how much I enjoyed watching it. I'm a big Glenn Ford fan.
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-07-2006, 1:27 PM 944 in reply to 943

Re: Loved the Theme Song to Family Holvak

I too loved the opening song. It was actually my favorite part of the show. I believe Lee Holdridge wrote the song and it was sung by Denny Brooks. These are some of the lyrics I remember: "Take me back so I can see, the way it was my legacy. I need to find what once was good. In traces of my childhood. Sharing laughter with my dad, we always shared the things we had. My ma who nevered owned a fur, she must have known how rich we were. Look how far we've come, look how far we've come. " It was something like that. Anyway, the show was set in the 1930's and was a very heartwarming show. Too bad it was so short-lived. Hope to find it on DVD someday just to hear the theme song again.
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-07-2006, 1:28 PM 945 in reply to 944

I remember the Beautiful opening song with the scene of Young Ramey Holvak standing up in a boat, pushing himself along the water with a long stick, somewhere in the bayou area of the south I believe.

Lance, keep it up in your life now.

--Peter Andrew

•  11-30-2007, 4:12 PM 2800 in reply to 945

I also like this song. Whether you have her in the mp3 format if so whether you could send to me her to the address: seth1@bluebottle.com or pavell07@gmail.com
  •  12-10-2008, 3:29 AM 2868 in reply to 943

I saw only a few episodes, but I never forgot the theme song. Until tonight, I could not remember the name of the series. If anyone has the theme song available for download, I would truly appreciate it.
  •  04-05-2009, 3:02 PM 2894 in reply to 2868

Seems several of us have been looking for it.
  •  08-16-2009, 3:47 PM 2917 in reply to 2894

I have been looking for years! I loved that song. I did look up Denny Brooks on YouTube and found another video from him, (not the song we want unfortunately) It looks like he responds to people's comments. Maybe we should ask.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GijC193-rHld

Monique

•  11-17-2009, 3:12 PM 2941 in reply to 2894

Yes, this show is a favorite of mine and too short lived.  Amazing to see Glenn Ford at that time of his life.  The series was quality.  I think there was an album (as they used to say).  Looked forever for it.  As I recall there were additional verses of the theme song.  Changed/Added to fit the plots weekly.  There was one that went, "My father's heart it knew so well the many lies a man could tell...." forgot the rest.  (the Glenn Ford character was a preacher.)  But it was so applicable to the plot of the show, (and our human condition), in which had both Ramey and a church member struggling with a lie.    The verse was forgiving and beautiful.  My mouth hung open as I heard it and thoughts of my recently deceased Dad flooded in.  Wish I could find all the music from the show or get a series dvd.  Somewhere there is a video of the pilot.  Saw it once on Ebay in 2000.  But we were too late to get it.  Wistful appreciation..     
  •  04-06-2015, 6:19 PM 291195 in reply to 2941

I have frequently thought about this song over the years. I play guitar and thought it would be a good candidate to cover.  There are several (threads?) about it.  The title is "Look How Far We've Come" and is sung by Denny Brooks.  If you search under the title, there are a couple of youtube entries.  The longer one has occasional voice over it (doesn't necessarily sound like English).  I hope this helps somebody else looking for it as posts here about this long lost song helped me find what I did. 
  •  04-06-2015, 6:19 PM 291196 in reply to 2941

I have frequently thought about this song over the years. I play guitar and thought it would be a good candidate to cover.  There are several (threads?) about it.  The title is "Look How Far We've Come" and is sung by Denny Brooks.  If you search under the title, there are a couple of youtube entries.  The longer one has occasional voice over it (doesn't necessarily sound like English).  I hope this helps somebody else looking for it as posts here about this long lost song helped me find what I did. 
View as RSS news feed in XML