Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of Starsky and Hutch

Last post 10-16-2009, 1:46 PM by pntz_67. 10 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-10-2006, 8:23 PM 1330

Memories of Starsky and Hutch

Where can I begin. Two guys on the streets along with Huggy-Bear cleaning up the scum of the city. With their red ford these guys were the main men David /blonde and Paul curly hair really oozed cool and laid back. A must for all cop show enthusiasts.

--navinsanchez

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-10-2006, 8:24 PM 1332 in reply to 1330

Re: Memories of Starsky and Hutch

I absolutely loved this show. I even went out and bought tennis shoes like Starsky wore!!!! I wouldn't take any calls while the show was on.

--Donna

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-10-2006, 8:25 PM 1333 in reply to 1332

Starsky and Hutch was a wonderful part of my childhood.I couldn't wait to see the opening credits and hear the theme song every Wednesday night at 9:00. Now that I look back on it,that show had some really serious themes and the action was hard hitting. I have to say my favorie episode was when this guy had some kind of virus and they had to find him because he was spreading his sickness to everyone. I have so many episodes that I love,and every time I see them it takes me back to when life was so simple and so much fun.

--Sonyadivva

•  03-10-2006, 8:26 PM 1335 in reply to 1333

S&H was and still is my favourite detective series with its colourful characters, loaded with action-drama, some comic-relief, and of course that cool car to boot. Hey, they don't make them like that anymore, I mean both the car and the series.

--WS

•  03-10-2006, 8:35 PM 1336 in reply to 1335

My cousin and I would play Starsky and Hutch in the back yard. Before we could, we would have to argue over which one of us got to be Starsky, since we both thought he was the cool one!

We lived in a suburb of Denver, Colorado at the time the show was on and I'd drive with my mother (in a white '75 Gran Torino!) every few weeks to Golden, Colorado to our bank and to shop. I would often see one of those special model Ford Torinos parked in Golden on the way to the bank. Since I didn't know that Ford had produced such a model, I thought it was the real thing. I looked forward to our trips to Golden so I could see my favorite car!

Though it was my favorite show at the time, I really only remember three things about the show:

1. Starsky firing the warning shot in the opening credits.
    2. Huggybear!
    3. That car!

•  03-11-2006, 4:26 PM 1340 in reply to 1330

OMG! This was my all time favorite show! Hey, for a teenager in the Super70s, it was love a first sight for me! My best friend and I lived for this show! We still talk about it to this day, and it has 25 years!

--giddygo

•  03-11-2006, 4:26 PM 1341 in reply to 1340

Hi There im David I live in Portland Or. I just love the coolest cop show ever Starsky & Hutch Starsky as one cool car with hotest paint job there will never be cop show that ever out top Starsky & Hutch to hotest cop show ever and the hotest paint job ever on Gran Torino as you can see im nuts over Starsky & Hutch and his car.
  •  03-11-2006, 4:26 PM 1342 in reply to 1341

This (right behind "Emergency!") was my favorite show of the Super70s (and "beyond"). I love the chemistry between Paul and David. There was no other show like it at the time, and never has been since. The humor and heartfelt relationship between the two characters (and actors) is very evident in each episode. That is what makes this show so special. Great story lines, gritty drama, chemistry, a great car..what more could you want? This one stands the test of time; a very unique and special show in my book. I have all of my favorite episodes on tape and cherish them dearly. What a fantastic show. Btw, my sister loved Hutch and I loved Starsky, but they were both terrific. This series, imo, was the blueprint for the buddy movies that you see today ("Lethal Weapon", "Rush Hour"). A true classic.

--Jo

•  03-11-2006, 4:28 PM 1345 in reply to 1336

This is the ultimate show. I was (10) in love with Starsky & my sister (9) was in love with Hutch. No fighting at all. But I GOT THE CAR!!! I keep telling my husband now "That is the car I want". I looked forward to every episode, and loved everyone. I also had a pair of the Starsky shoes, lunchbox, folders anything I could get my hands on. Posters Galore. I loved the way Starsky flew over the hood of the car. That was so COOL! Major Fan could not get enough and cried when it was over.

--Phoebs

•  03-11-2006, 4:29 PM 1347 in reply to 1345

I can remember when Starsky got put in the hospital once on the show and Hutch seemed so concerned about him. It was a rare moment for the energetic character he played. My brother and I were in High School during the Starsky and Hutch show and he was the one guy in town who transformed his Javelin into the Starsky and Hutch car with the white stripe down the side , with the exception of his car being a sassy green. . It was a green that you could live with. He even wore his hair like Hutch, slightly resembling him to be honest. It was the era of the sexy bell bottoms and hot cars.

My brother was the guy with the style because he had the only car in town with the Starsky and Hutch stripe and the souped up look like the one on the show. I saw his car after all those years ago in 2002 going down a street here in my hometown, and how it brought back memories. It still had the stripe and the same awesome color originally to the car. What a neat memory for a show from the Super70s.

--Susie

•  10-16-2009, 1:46 PM 2929 in reply to 1336

i loved the show too but i have one of thoes ford produced torinos i want to SELL its a 1976 ford torino one of the 1000 ford made based on the tv show this car is only one of 100 known to exsist today if anyone is interested in owning one of these rare cars please contact me and ill send the info and pics to them you can write me at pntz_67@yahoo.com this car needs work but has the original motor and tranny and i just found the build sheet that says starsky and hutch unit ps122 this is a very rare car that someone could pick up for cheeper than a restored one and have a cool car from the past this car will be on ebay at the end of next week so if ur interested this car won't last

View as RSS news feed in XML