Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of Sanford and Son

Last post 11-15-2009, 6:04 AM by txz045. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2006, 9:08 PM 762

Memories of Sanford and Son

Sanford and Son is my all-time, favorite television program. I have a number of the Columbia House tapes from the monthly subscription program they have. My favorite show was the one when Fred returned from "vacation" in St. Louis (during Fred Foxx's famous strike) and arrived home thinking that Lamont felt that Grady was better help around the house than he (Fred) was. The insults are hilarious!

--Pat Mac

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 9:08 PM 764 in reply to 762

Re: Memories of Sanford and Son

Sanford and son is without a doubt my favrite tv show of all time. The cast was great. As far as episode I would say I have two favorites but it is hard to choose because they are all bust your gut funny. My # 1 is when Fred tells Ester shes so ugly put her face in dough and make gorrilla cookies. Second is when Fred is in St Louis and Grady is watching the Sanford empier and feeds the cops Freds wild parsley which was pot. Talk about busting a gut! Oh God did I laugh. Thats F-r-e-d G. S-a-n-f-o-r-d.

--Mud Bones

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 9:10 PM 769 in reply to 762

I believe with all my heart that Sanford and Son is by far one of the greatest television shows ever made. I plan my evenings around the re runs on TV Land. I had the honor and pleasure of meeting the late Witman Mayo (Grady) in college. He taught theater at Clark Atlanta University. I ran into him one day on campus and I was absolutely star struck! WOW! He was very nice and humble. I couldn't stop grinning for the rest of the day. I told everyone I met Grady on campus! He was also in attendance at my college graduation as a member of the faculty. It was a personal goal of mine to meet a cast member of Sanford and Son and in addition to earning my degree I met possibly the funniest supporting character in television history. Sanford and Son today, tomorrow and forever!

--CEH

•  03-05-2006, 9:12 PM 775 in reply to 762

I think Sanford and Son is the funniest thing in the world. I give Redd Foxx and Demond Wilson two thumbs up.

--e jay

•  03-05-2006, 9:12 PM 776 in reply to 762

Sanford and Son is my all time favorite show. I have never missed an episode. My very favorite one is when Grady announces to Fred that he is getting married to Dolly. Fred then tries to break them up by letting Grady think that he and Dolly have an affair!!!!! I loved it!!!!!! One other episode that is my favorite also is where Gradys' cousin Emma comes to stay with Grady and Lamont, She fakes being sick so she can get out of helping them out. Lamont calls her a "goldbrick" . It make me sad that shows today can not be like that anymore, But, NO show will ever compare to Sanford and Son!!!!!!!!!!

--Blondie

•  03-05-2006, 9:16 PM 783 in reply to 762

The Super70s are long gone and we will never pass that way again. I was a very young man (10) when Sanford and Son first aired on tv back in 1972.

It came on tv every friday night and no matter what me are my brothers were doing we would stop and run to see our favorite television show. I will not even try to pick a favorite episode, they were all classics. I enjoyed every single one. Although I know they are now aired on tvland or nick at night. I don, t get around to that much. But I am privileged to say that I was able to enjoy in my youth and in my opinion the funniest half hour comedy show ever written and produced. George Jefferson was funny but Junkman Fred G. (The G. is for gorgeous) Sanford had him beat. Those were the days. . . who knows I just may tune into tv land for old time sakes.

--call me ole school

•  11-15-2009, 6:04 AM 2936 in reply to 783

Having all the seasons on DVD and having grown up with the show to begin with... i'm a S&S addict.
    how'd you like five across the lips?
    Filed under:
View as RSS news feed in XML