Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Favorite Laverne and Shirley episodes

Last post 12-01-2009, 7:25 AM by ccraignshari. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2006, 4:58 PM 606

Favorite Laverne and Shirley episodes

I loved the episode 111 when they are working in the diner that Lenny owns. My favorite line is "Betty, pick up your hash blacks" This is what Laverne calls Shirley in this episode. Laverne has burned the hash browns and calls them hash blacks. I also like when Laverne yells in the microphone "Please, don't harrass Betty"

--Igg

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 4:58 PM 607 in reply to 606

Re: Favorite Laverne and Shirley episodes

I liked the episode where the fireman tries to ask Laverne to marry him, but he keeps getting interrupted with distractions. Before long, they got interrupted by a fire whistle. He had to go put out a fire. Laverne was waiting at the apartment for him and then Lenny and Squiggy showed up and told her that he died while trying to put the fire out. I found it to be a very good episode, even though it was the most emotional. I have to say, this was one of my favorite episodes, even though all of them are meant to be hilarious. Most of them are not really this serious. This one influenced me the most.

--Sallyc03

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 4:59 PM 608 in reply to 606

Favorite episode was the one where Shirley gets a bump on the head, loses her memory, and thinks she's a famous stripper named Roxy. It gets interesting when later on, Lenny and Squiggy coax her into performing at their local lodge.
  •  03-05-2006, 5:02 PM 612 in reply to 606

I loved the episode where they were holding the Shotz Brewery Talent Show. I still hum that song Lenny and Squiggy sang, "Night after Night"! Is that episode on tape anywhere or is that song on CD somewhere? I'd love to see/hear it again! I have many other favorites: Playing The Roxy, Perfidy In Blue, Bowling For Razberries and much, much more!!! I like how you put Cindy first in the stars catagory. She wasn't as appreciated by the industry as she should have. Penny Marshall was considered the star. It was supposed to be a sharing thing. They both were the stars. But I love Cindy!!! She's the best!!! I hope that they make a movie!!!
  •  03-05-2006, 5:02 PM 613 in reply to 606

My favorite episode of Laverne and Shirley is when Laverne thinks she is pregnant. Lenny offers to marry her. With the big "one wolf" still on his jacket, and not wanting to know who the father is, friendship is really redefined in that episode. My best friend and I were fondly called Laverne and Shirley in High School. Yeah, we had a Lenny and Squiggy also. Those were the days!

--Fancy

•  03-05-2006, 5:02 PM 614 in reply to 612

One of my two favorite episodes is #16 - "Drive, she said", where Shirley gives LaVerne a driving lesson. To simulate the pedals, Shirley uses a can of corn for the gas and a can of beans for the brake. LaVerne comments, "Shirl, shouldn't the corn be the brake and the beans be the gas?"

The other favoite is #111, "Diner", where they rename the diner 'Dead Lazlo's place". Best lines. . . . "Lucky, lucky, lucky, , , for the next ten minutes, everything comes with pancakes' and,

'Betty please, pickup', and 'Don't harrass Betty please'.
  •  12-01-2009, 7:25 AM 2944 in reply to 606

Hi,

Where can I get all the seasons of Laverne & Shirley in torrents files,

Regards Craig

View as RSS news feed in XML