Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of Emergency!

Last post 02-15-2010, 9:14 AM by josienyc123. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-07-2006, 1:09 PM 916

Memories of Emergency!

I am 14 now and wasn't around when Emergency! originally aired in the Super70s, but my mom, who is the BIGGEST Emergency! fan of all time, found it and we started to watch it together. Now I am obsessed about the show! I would have to say my favorite episode of Emergency! would be "The Model" I think that's what it is called! Its the one where Johnny was chosen to be the model firefighter! Johnny thinks this is the greatest thing ever! but then when the time comes down to shoot the picture Roy is the one who ends up getting the part! My mom likes the closeness between the characters, and the fact that the show has great humor as well as great drama. And the guys, especially Johnny, were really cute! Also, the rescues that they did were often scary, dangerous, and no other show on T.V has ever put there stars in similar situations. We never get sick of watching Emergency! It is a shame that no stations are currently showing Emergency! and I hope that some T.V station shows it soon!

--Misti and Harold!

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-07-2006, 1:09 PM 917 in reply to 916

Re: Memories of Emergency!

I LOVE(D) this show! (Along with "Starsky and Hutch"). I remember watching this show when I was eight years old back in 1973. One of the earliest shows I remember had to do with a young Lance Kerwin (years before "James at 15") who wound up dying from eating insect poison. I remember how it affected me at such a young age to see that. At the time and later as a young adolescent, I watched mainly due to a crush on Randolph Mantooth ("Johnny Gage"). My sister loved Kevin Tighe ("Roy"). Funny how we always went for "opposites". It wasn't until TVLand started re-running the show a few years ago that I was re-introduced to the series and could truly understand and appreciate all of the medical "stuff" that went into it. But though as a young viewer in the Super70s I couldn't totally grasp all of the medical things that went on, it didn't prevent my sister and I from taking my walkie-talkies and going to this hill close to our home to act out our own medical emergencies. It was great fun, then, and is very sentimental viewing now. It is ashame that a show that had such an impact on young minds to become doctors, nurses and paramedics never got the recognition it deserved.. I think it was brilliant and before its time..and I'd rather watch old re-runs of "Emergency!" then "Third Watch", any day.

--Jo

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-07-2006, 1:11 PM 921 in reply to 916

What about the siren noise in the fire station when they were receiving a call. Then that guy came over the PA "Station 51, Engine 19, . . Structure fire. . . " It was always so exciting!!!
  •  03-07-2006, 1:12 PM 924 in reply to 916

The greatest television show ever created. I never missed a episode when NBC ran it on Saturday nights in the Super70s. Randolph Mantooth, Kevin Tighe, Robert Fuller, Bobby Troup & Julie London were an amazing cast. I wish it was still on the air.

--#1 Emergency Fan

•  03-07-2006, 1:12 PM 925 in reply to 924

Save for the Emergency! movies which aired during the latter part of the latter part of the Super70s, I think I enjoyed every episode. There was something for everyone--the medical dramas, the adventure with the paramedics and firefighters and the humor which seemed to be prevalent in every episode. I have met many firefighters and paramedics where I live and many of them grew up watching Emergency! or have seen the show.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that of all the American TV shows over the past 50 years or so, Emergency! has the greatest influence; it introduced the public to the profession of paramedics, it prompted people to become paramedics and firefighters, and in the process countless lives were saved. Kudos to everyone involved with this TV show--it's definitely a classic.
  •  02-15-2010, 9:14 AM 2957 in reply to 916

hi i am 43 and I  was there right from when emergency started in 1972 i was born 1968

i was inspired by emergency AND  have been a emt for a long time now

the episode you are referring too is called SHOW BIZ IT IS OFF SEASON 2 EP 3

SEE YA PAL 

View as RSS news feed in XML