Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Loved Dukes so much I bought a '68 Charger!

Last post 03-04-2006, 6:58 AM by Contrarian. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-04-2006, 6:58 AM 311

Loved Dukes so much I bought a '68 Charger!

I liked this show so much, at the time, that I even bought a 68' Charger as my first "real" car (in 1980 or 81). There's was a 69' I believe. I installed a Dixie horn (w/5 airhorns you could hear a mile away). Daisy was smokin, the action was hot and mischievous. I really liked the stunts (common for that era) the balance that was maintained between "cat and mouse" and cohesiveness of the characters ("cops and robbers" games they played). Some people look back at the show as "politically incorrect," because of the rebel flag, etc. I say, lighten up - and focus on a real issue. They were "the good ol' boys." This was the era when actors made a crack at singing, looked good, etc (you got the whole package). Girls oogled over the guys, guys were smitten over daisy - and admired the guys and their cool care. Still think about that car - even though mine was rought with problems. It was "badass"!!!
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
View as RSS news feed in XML