Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

I miss the Duke brothers

Last post 03-04-2006, 7:10 AM by Cynthasyzer. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-04-2006, 6:59 AM 312

I miss the Duke brothers

I just turned thirty 8 years old I was one of the millions of fans that were glued to the TV each and every night the duke boys were on it has not been the same anymore, not behind able to watch the General Lee flying through the air and seeing how daisy and the boys were going to get out of the jam they got into there just isn’t any good family shows any more why should the fans suffer because of some bureaucrats that want the show shelved I would like to see the DUKE OF HAZZARD on TV permanently if the Flintstones can stay on TV for 45 years why not THE DUKES OF HAZZARD!

--Shaggy

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-04-2006, 7:00 AM 314 in reply to 312

Re: I miss the Duke brothers

The Dukes of Hazzard was a great family show.The chemistry between Bo and Luke was second only to that of Boss Hogg and Rosco. Although not critically accliamed most viewers agree The Dukes of Hazzard was the most fun to watch of the Super70s and Awesome80s 1 hour family shows.Catherine Bach,Ben Jones,Denver Pyle,Rick Hurst,Sonny Schroyer and other great cast members made Hazzard county come to life and give the show it's warm and fun atmosphere.The 1969 Dodge Charger was the best muscle car design of all time and fit Bo and Luke like a glove.The Boars Nest,Bosses 1970 Cadillac,the car jumps,the chases,the violence free content,and the comedy made the Dukes of Hazzard a fun television classic!
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-04-2006, 7:00 AM 315 in reply to 314

When I ponder on the glory days of my youth. One of the strong flashbacks I have are Friday nights sitting on my grandparents living room sofa with a bowl full of jiffy pop and a big glass of regular coke. With my full attention on that beautuful 19 inch Philco television with the channel knob set to CBS. As the piano theme of David Banner's walk down a barren highway hit, I knew that we were only moments away from pure eutopia for after the local station ID, The opening montage of clips for that weeks epic adventure raced across my tv screen. Yes it was time for THE DUKES OF HAZZARD. That hour of pure insipiring visual stimulation was in full force. Not only was the car cool, the plots exciting, well Daisy in Daisy Dukes, the comedy of Boss & Rosco, what was even more exciting was waking up the next morning & tring out on your HUFFY the same moves that the General Lee did the night before. Yes those were the days. Its a shame that the generation of today will never feel that same boost of adrenelin from watching television. God I miss the Super70s!

--A Good Ole Boy

•  03-04-2006, 7:03 AM 321 in reply to 312

I remember watching the Dukes of Hazzard and buying all the cool stuff when I was little. They were the greatest. My two boys watch them through movies, I buy from warner brothers. They have watch them over and over. Hopefully soon they will come back to T.V., again. It's a shame they where took off. So I'll go and say to all YEEHAW from all of us in AL.

--angeleyes

•  03-04-2006, 7:05 AM 325 in reply to 312

Dukes Of Hazzard. Wow. That was a lifetime ago. I remember being very small, eight and under, and not fully appreciative of the show. It was an adult show, much like the A-Team and other shows. I remember it was an early memory of me watching the show, even if I did'nt quite get it. It looks cheesy today- the old Super70s cars, the hairstyles, the clothes. But it's very entertaining. Hopefully there are re-runs somewhere. The show ran from the late Super70s and into the early Awesome80s, but it's considered a Super70s show. The good old boys had fun drinking beer, getting into fights and driving those stylish cars. Set in the South (and a stereotypical red-neck South. The character of Daisy Duke would later inspire the popular clothes line- skimpy shorts.

--Jessica

•  03-04-2006, 7:08 AM 328 in reply to 312

I grew up watching the Dukes every weekend. I loved this show because it was the life I lived. Small town, close family, getting into trouble when trying to do the right thing. It was amazing. I can still remember slumber parties with girlfriends just to swoon over them.

I never had a crush on Beau or Luke, it was Coy who caught my eye though. My friends were dreaming about Beau or Luke and there I was hopelessly in love with Byron Cherry (OMG, I still remember his real name).

My favorite episode HAS to be the one where one of the boys almost gets married. I dont remember what it was called. Or maybe it was the one where Beau has amnesia. I know that most people spell his name Bo, but one of the shows Jesse calls him Beauregard and I've never seen it spelled Boregard.

Anyways, I definatly want to see this show back on the air perminantly.
  •  03-04-2006, 7:10 AM 330 in reply to 312

The Dukes of Hazzard was the best show I have ever watched! I was only about seven or eight when I watched it, in the 1990's when they had the reruns on. It was so cool so see that sweet 69 Charger flying over the creek and watching Roscoe P. Coltrane land in the creek. The general is the best car ever! The plots were pretty good too, along with the characters. I can't believe they took it off of the air.
  •  03-04-2006, 7:10 AM 331 in reply to 330

This is my favortie show because it has the Duke of Hazzard Car and the Dike Horn and also the Rebal Flag. One reason I like The Dukes of Hazzard is I like Bo Duke, he is really sexy and everytime I see him on the show I start to smile alot. I wish I could see it more of The Dukes of Hazzard. I watch every single show that comes on. I never miss a show. I alway's watch it at 7:00 p. m. and on Friday I even watch it at Midnight.

--Bo Duke Girl

View as RSS news feed in XML