Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Sue Ellen and J.R. were TV's most interesting characters

Last post 03-04-2006, 12:31 PM by Motrmouth. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-04-2006, 12:29 PM 383

Sue Ellen and J.R. were TV's most interesting characters

Very early in the show's run, Sue Ellen (Linda Gray) is in a drunken stupor, railing at J.R. (Larry Hagman). As she spews her rage, she reminds her husband that they're married "till death do us part, J.R. Till death do us part." That moment summed up the twisted, sick, co-dependent and highly entertaining relationship between two of television's most interesting characters. Watching Sue Ellen and J.R. rip each other was like watching two prize fighters who knew exactly where their opponent's weak spots were located.

--Jeff

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-04-2006, 12:31 PM 387 in reply to 383

Re: Sue Ellen and J.R. were TV's most interesting characters

Personally, I enjoyed the character of J. R. Ewing. He had a gorgeous wife and a family. I thought he reminded me of such airline executives as Robert Six at Continental Airlines, Robert Crandall at American Airlines and Harding Lawrence of Braniff International. J. R. could get things done and I thank Larry Hagman for making him the wonderful bully he was.

--Anonymous

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
View as RSS news feed in XML