Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Hated "Ed and Eunice" segments

Last post 03-04-2006, 5:16 PM by Motrmouth. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-04-2006, 5:15 PM 439

Hated "Ed and Eunice" segments

I never liked the "Ed and Eunice" segments. They always seemed kind of mean spirited in a show that was trying to provide lighthearted entertainment.

I can forgive that though since The Carol Burnett Show also brought the funniest sketch ever shown on TV - Tim Conway and Harvey Korman in the dentist office. Tim Conway as the dentist accidentally inject novocaine into various parts of his body. He plays the results masterfully, while Harvey Korman desperately tries to contain himself in real life.

I still get pains in my side thinking about it.

--Canuck Amuck

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-04-2006, 5:16 PM 441 in reply to 439

Re: Hated "Ed and Eunice" segments

I can't wait for this to come back around in reruns. I loved to watch Carol Burnett and Harvey Korman perform together. They were always so funny.....

My favorite episode was when Carol did the takeoff on Gone With the Wind. When she came down the stairs in her "potier" dress, complete with the curtain rod...well it just doesn't get any funnier.

And of course, I loved all the Mama sketches. I loved Eunice and Mama. They were just classic. I even when to a Costume party dressed as Mama.

--Aunt B from Texas

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
View as RSS news feed in XML