Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Steve's Bionic Arm is as Strong as a "Bulldozer" According to Dr Wells....(But it's attached to flesh and bone!)

Last post 02-16-2011, 3:27 PM by bionic-surfer. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-16-2011, 3:27 PM 4581

Steve's Bionic Arm is as Strong as a "Bulldozer" According to Dr Wells....(But it's attached to flesh and bone!)

It's a common argument, I'm sure all of us bionic fanatics have pondered it... Bionic replacements are way cool!, I would volunteer to have my arms and legs cut off if I could have dependable bionic replacements grafted onto my body, but there lies the problem correct? I have no problem believing that Steve's bionic arm is as powerful as a bulldozer, just as Dr Wells stated, but it is grafted onto Steve's body which is fragile human flesh & bone... Granted his ribs are re-enforced, but I believe that's it! Let's say Steve attempts to lift the back end of a bus, from an elevated point. His arms begins to lift without effort it would seem, but then Steve begins to give way, going crooked all of a sudden because his spine (not to mention the graft points where the arms and body come together) begins to buckle under the extreme weight of the bus. Then I take a look at Wolverine, which has the opposite problem (althought his strength is enhanced for a human). Logan's skeletal structure could sustain ANY amount of weight, it would just be a matter of giving him enough strength. I'll still undergo the operation, I think I could live with the pro's and cons Confused
View as RSS news feed in XML