Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Best episodes of Bionic Woman!

Last post 11-02-2011, 6:32 PM by Agent 86. 14 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-03-2006, 3:37 PM 240

Best episodes of Bionic Woman!

By far, the best episodes of this series were the fembot eps: "Kill Oscar" and "Fembots In Las Vegas". Other great episodes were "Black Magic" with Vincent Price, the Bigfoot cross over shows with Lee Majors, "Sister Jaime". Although I always felt that Lindsay Wagner gave fabulous performances in every episode. She really was perfectly cast as The Bionic Woman.

--Lindafan

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-03-2006, 3:38 PM 241 in reply to 240

Re: Best episodes of Bionic Woman!

My favorite episodes were the ones with the fembots like "Kill Oscar" or "Fembots in Las Vegas" but the show started slipping into nonsensical plots about aliens towards the end of its run. Overall a good series that won Lindsay Wagner an Emmy at one point.

--TC

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-03-2006, 3:38 PM 242 in reply to 241

Bionic Woman was one of the most fun shows ever on TV. My favorite episode is Doomsday is Tomorrow when poor Jaime gets a heck of a workout with a super computer that is bent on destroying the world despite its programmer's intentions.
  •  03-03-2006, 3:39 PM 243 in reply to 240

I really liked the Bionic Woman. They only shows that really stood out in my opinion are the episodes "Kill Oscar" and "Fembots in Las Vegas". These shows were awesome!!! I used to wish I were a Fembot so I could pay people back who used to torment me!!! Oh well, it was only a fantasy!!!

--Honeychild

•  03-03-2006, 3:39 PM 244 in reply to 241

The Bionic Woman made television history portraying the FIRST superheroine (I mean, a female lead with superpowers, not just gadgets like Batgirl or The Girl From Uncle) in a weekly series. People use to forget that even Wonder Woman became a weekly series in part due to the success of The Bionic Woman. Besides, Lindsay Wagner did a great job, and also made TV history winning the first Emmy ever awarded to an actor in a superhero role.
  •  03-03-2006, 3:40 PM 245 in reply to 242

Definately the "Fembot" episodes along with "Lisa Galloway" were ones that pop into my mind when I think of The Bionic Woman.

--Adelphia

•  03-03-2006, 3:40 PM 246 in reply to 243

I have several favorite Bionic Woman episodes, including "On The Run, " the series finale, in which Lindsay Wagner gives one of the great performances in episodic television history, a stunning performance, indeed, which should have earned Lindsay a second Emmy. But, the episode that seems to stick in my mind more than any other is "Jaime's Mother, " which originally aired on March 24, 1976. On that specific afternoon, as a matter of fact, I happened to visit Ojai (home of the Bionic Woman, of course), where I actually got stuck in a drainage ditch above Ojai Valley, in the mountains, along Matilija Hot Springs Road; I even dropped a good-sized rock on my foot while trying to get some traction for the vehicle (ironically, I was driving my Dad's jeep at the time, but not even four-wheel drive could help me out of that fix); finally had to call a tow truck to yank me free. That evening, back home in Santa Barbara (several miles north, up the California coast from Ojai), I remember propping my still-aching foot on a pillow on the couch while we all watched our favorite Wednesday night show, The Bionic Woman--and on that particular night, the episode was "Jaime's Mother;" and I remember joking to my folks, while we watched Jaime in action, that I really could have used Jaime's bionic help while stuck above Ojai earlier that afternoon. . . We all got a chuckle out of that one.

But that's the way Wednesday nights regularly went while watching the Bionic Woman with my folks--great escapist entertainment featuring a dazzling, talented actress, Lindsay Wagner, and a super supporting cast, headed by Richard Anderson, that helped make television viewing a true pleasure back in the late Super70s.

--DK

•  03-03-2006, 3:41 PM 248 in reply to 245

Oh my goodness, I couldn't keep my eyes off this show when I was a small kid! I just remember the 2 part epsoide when Jamie body was starting to reject the bionics. She went around town going out her mind and poor Steve could do nothing but be by her side. It was a great show and Lindsey Wagner was great in that show! Days gone by for sure!

--Tj

•  03-03-2006, 3:42 PM 250 in reply to 240

Yup. Gotta tell ya. The Fembot Episodes was what did it for me. Of course, science fiction in the Super70s was pretty limited, so there wasn't a lot to choose from. . . but The Bionic Woman stood out. Those Fembot episodes, and later "Doomsday is Tomorrow" are the episodes that I always remembered when thinking of the series. Heck when the series occasionally pops up today on the SciFi Channel, I'll still tape those episodes just for the fun of it. Yeah, Jaime Sommers was the first TV superheroine, and one of the best of a very small League of Hot Chicks with Superpowers. "Smash the Fembot controls! ARRRGH!!" Damn, but it was fine.

--RoguePlanet

•  03-03-2006, 3:43 PM 252 in reply to 240

The Bionic Women was by far my favorite show as a child. I trully miss watching the Bionic Women and the cross over episodes with the Six Million Dollar Man. By far my favorite episodes were Fenbots in Las Vagas, and Kill Oscar.

--Livio

•  03-03-2006, 3:44 PM 255 in reply to 240

The best episode was the Bigfoot episode, not the first episode but the second time when both Steve and Jamie encountered Bigfoot. I remember Bigfoot kicking Steve's butt and thinking to myself Jamie doesn't stand a chance. Jamie's encounter was more indirect, she avoided Bigfoot by jumping up into a tree and dodging his throws. She was very comical in her encounter with Bigfoot. I remeber having the action figures for Steve Austin and Bigfoot as a child. I wish someone would air the episodes in syndication again.

--Tony

•  03-03-2006, 3:45 PM 256 in reply to 241

Personally I like the one with Helen Hunt as the little girl from outer space. I thought it was ahead of its time for a weekly series

--michael

•  03-03-2006, 3:45 PM 257 in reply to 255

Oh yeah! Fembots in Las Vegas are my 2 favorite Bionic Woman episodes. Alot of action!

Other favorites include the Lisa Galloway episodes and the part Jaime's Shield episodes, where Jaime is in the police academy. All in all, an great show. (Alittle silly towards the end)

Lindsay Wagner is still one of my favorite actresses.

--Damien77

•  03-10-2006, 1:02 PM 1284 in reply to 257

Hello, I am new to this forum.  I've been a long-time fan of BW and Lindsay W.  I might have a minority opinion here, but I've always liked Season 1 best in this series.  I like the "Oscar Trilogy" and the "Fembot" eps also, but I really liked the early eps best.  It's nearly impossible for me to pick my best one from S1, but I'd probably pick either "Jaime's Mother", "A Thing Of The Past", or "Claws" as my favorites.

SEASON 1 LIST:

1. Welcome Home Jaime - Part 1 (1/14/1976)
    2. Welcome Home Jaime - Part 2 (1/21/1976)
    3. Angel Of Mercy (1/28/1976)
    4. A Thing Of The Past (2/18/1976)
    5. Claws (2/25/1976)
    6. The Deadly Missiles (3/3/1976)

7. Bionic Beauty (3/17/1976)
    8. Jaime's Mother (3/24/1976)
    9. Winning Is Everything (4/7/1976)
    10. Canyon Of Death (4/14/1976)
    11. Fly Jaime (5/5/1976)
    12. The Jailing Of Jaime (5/12/1976)
    13. Mirror Image (5/19/1976)
    14. The Ghosthunter (5/26/1976)

Waiting for the Bionic Woman & 6M$M DVD Releases (R1) Jeff
  •  11-02-2011, 6:32 PM 4702 in reply to 1284

I liked the "Kill Oscar" ones, and the Lisa Galoway ones, and most of the Season 1 episodes.
View as RSS news feed in XML