Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of Donnie and Marie

Last post 03-05-2006, 3:32 PM by Motrmouth. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2006, 3:31 PM 483

Memories of Donnie and Marie

All I remember from that show is: "I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock'n roll" ;-)
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 3:32 PM 484 in reply to 483

Re: Memories of Donnie and Marie

The greatest memories of my high school days were waiting for friday nights to roll around to watch Donny and Marie. I was at their concert in Lubbock Texas and I was a huge fan of their skating and dance routines. Paul Lynde was a wonderful addition to any show. My favorite concept from the show however has to be Captain Elprup! Donny's favorite color was purple which is spelled backwards to create the character. No matter what the skits were acted out, the songs sang, or star's on the show that week, my absolute favorite part was the song at the end of the show sang by Donny and Marie… "May tomorrow be a perfect day, May you find love and laughter along the way, may God keep you in his gentle care, til He brings us together again… Good night everybody!! Thanks for the memories!!"

--keeseepie

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 3:32 PM 485 in reply to 483

Re: Memories of Donnie and Marie

Donny & Marie show was one of the best shows in the Super70s. I always watched that show - it was very entertaining. I wish it would come back on.

--aggie

View as RSS news feed in XML