Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Childhood memories of Happy Days

Last post 03-05-2006, 4:17 PM by Motrmouth. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2006, 4:13 PM 527

Childhood memories of Happy Days

After buying the house i grew up in from my parents several years ago, it was time to do some remodeling. The room that was my parents since we moved in in 1970 was now going to be my bedroom. After ripping down all of the old paneling, I came across one wall which my father had let me, as well as my younger brother and sister, mark up with magic markers, as the paneling was going over the old wall anyway. It was at this time I noticed in the writings was "Fonzie is cool", "Mickey is a mouse", "Eddie is Fonzie" (my name), as well as several other Happy Days references. A bit of our own family time capsule, if you will. After the paneling was off, we left the old sheet rock and put a thin layer of new rock over it. Perhaps in another 20 years or so, the Happy Days wall shall be uncovered once again!

--Edbro

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 4:15 PM 530 in reply to 527

Re: Childhood memories of Happy Days

A flash back to the proverbial 'good-old' days, this comedy ensemble also managed to throw in some special 'issue' shows whose content would have been out of character for the actual times. Otherwise-good scripts and consistently good delivery from the actors made such flubs enjoyable when they would be flimsy in today's small-screen enviroment. Helped propel Henry Winkler from a Hollywood unknown, into an international superstar and through Ron Howard (formerly of the Andy Griffin Show) proved child stars do survive and go on to succesful careers.

--Pioneer Grrrl

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 4:16 PM 532 in reply to 527

I discovered Happy Days in it's third season. I'm sure of that because I have a picture of me at home in PA,wearing a Fonzie shirt and giving the AAAYYYYY! I liked everything about the show and between the ages of 7 & 16,I had no mortal hero better than "The Fonz". Most of the things that make me who I am today are all because of the "little lessons" that were learned each week by the characters and the things that Fonzie said straight out were "uncool". Then and now,when I watch the show,I don't feel like I'm watching TV. I felt then like I was over at the neighbors,now I feel like I'm traveling back in time when I see a re-run. It's a pleasant trip. I disagree that the chracters became over-stretched. Some of the plots that involved the super-natural were slightly over-doing it a bit,but after awhile they got back to business. I also don't agree that things got worse after Ron Howard left. It was still a good show and I never stopped watching until it's end in 1984. By that time,I had caught up with the earliest of episodes and seen all the others! I'd like to have this on DVD when they choose to do so. I'm a big fan! How big? Tucked away in my closet is my Fonzie sleeping bag. 27 years old and still holding up!

--Happi-Puppi

•  03-05-2006, 4:17 PM 533 in reply to 527

I can't believe that show was based in the 1950s and not the Super70s (no offence) but by the Awesome80s, the Stray Cats should have done some music for the show.

--Bea

View as RSS news feed in XML