Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

MtM - my favorite show

Last post 03-05-2006, 6:03 PM by Cynthasyzer. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2006, 6:03 PM 651

MtM - my favorite show

The Mary Tyler Moore Show was (and always will be) my favorite program for a variety of reasons--I was 9 years old when the show began; a couple months into the first season, my dad (who wanted to own a farm) moved us out of the city and away from everything we knew. I just remember the first night in the farmhouse watching Mary and feeling like I had an old friend with me (who knew how I felt, moving to a new place and all). For many years Saturday night (Mary Tyler Moore, The Bob Newhart Show, & Carol Burnett) was what brought our family together to watch.

I was in love with both Mary AND Rhoda--I still think their friendship was the best written (and performed) to date on tv. And Cloris Leachman who played Phyllis. . . that show was both genius AND heart.

Way too many favorite episodes to name just one--the Chuckles one is overrated in my opinion. I loved the one where Rhoda's apartment caught on fire and she stayed with Mary--or when Rhoda lost her job & began camping at Mary's place. I think my favorite is when Mary's luck started turning rotten one week--her hair gets a funny bump, she gets a bad cold, twists her ankle, and the cleaners ruins her gown for the upcoming Teddy Awards. My heart was breaking for her but I never laughed so hard!!

--DougM

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
View as RSS news feed in XML