Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Favorite Mary Tyler Moore show

Last post 03-05-2006, 6:04 PM by Contrarian. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2006, 6:01 PM 644

Favorite Mary Tyler Moore show

My favorite MTM show was the one where Lou Grant gets really, really pissed at Ted because of something he said live on the show. Lou told Ted to go into his office and wait for him. Things start happening and Lou forgets that Ted's waiting for him in his office. The day ends, people leave and Ted is still sitting in the office. At the end of the episode, the lights are off in the entire office, Ted opens the door, peeks out, and then closes the door and (as I recall) starts whitstling and just stays in Mr. Grant's office. It was a classic.

--Lynn

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 6:01 PM 645 in reply to 644

Re: Favorite Mary Tyler Moore show

My favorite episode of The Mary Tyler Moore Show would have to be when Chuckles the Clown died. I think this is most people's favorite!
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 6:01 PM 646 in reply to 644

The Chuckles the Clown episode rightfully rests in its place as the funniest sitcom episode in U.S. television history. It put the "Fun" back into "Funeral".

--christ0pher

•  03-05-2006, 6:02 PM 647 in reply to 645

Nothing could ever be better than sitting down with a bag of chips and M&M's on a Saturday night along with my mom and niece watching this wonderful show. They happen to be some of my most precious memories. The MTM show was one of a kind and there will never be another sitcom like it. The combination of the cast and the incredible scripts just clicked like magic! I have to say that my favorite episodes were Chuckles The Clown (I have never laughed so hard), the one where Mary Dates Lou and the very last episode (I never cried so much). Long Live MTM and all who made this show so great!

--Robin S.

•  03-05-2006, 6:02 PM 649 in reply to 644

As someone who has seen all 168 episodes, it is difficult to select one. The Lars Affair ranks up there along with the episode where Rhoda becomes "Miss Hemphill Department Store."
  •  03-05-2006, 6:04 PM 652 in reply to 647

My favorite episode is the one where Mary is giving one of her famous disastrous parties and her friend the congresswoman was bringing Johnny Carson by. Well, there's a black-out and the last half of the episode with Carson is done in the dark with only the voices of the actors. It was hilarious! Every time I see it, I die laughing. What a great comedy.

--Mitchell1660

View as RSS news feed in XML