Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of the Mary Tyler Moore show

Last post 03-05-2006, 6:04 PM by Motrmouth. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2006, 6:02 PM 648

Memories of the Mary Tyler Moore show

To me the two best shows, that I remember from the Super Super70s would have to be MTM, and The Carol Burnett show. There were other good shows and even on other stations, but in my opinion, if I didn't watch any other shows during the week, these two were not going to be missed period. They were that funny!!!!
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 6:03 PM 650 in reply to 648

Re: Memories of the Mary Tyler Moore show

One of the best lines came in the very first episode. Lou is interviewing perky Mary. He says, "you know what - you've got spunk. " He smiles as she beams, then he grimaces and growls "I hate spunk." Stick out tongue [:P] 

--Steve K

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 6:04 PM 653 in reply to 648

Re: Memories of the Mary Tyler Moore show

I love Mary Tyler Moore and her series is a classic and so is he in every sense of the word. The series has a quality to it that you don't see today. It is descent, but still funny and Mary is a good role model for people of all ages. Whether it be her wonderful wardrobe or her love of interior design, her ambition with regards with her career or her zealousy for life in general. She is alway trying to improve herself, but never forgetting to help others. I love every episode, but one of my favorites is when Rhoda's apartment burns and she stays with Mary. Their friendship is threatened and yet strengthened by the experience.

--Denise

View as RSS news feed in XML