Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

#1 M*A*S*H* fan

Last post 03-05-2006, 6:09 PM by Contrarian. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2006, 6:09 PM 662

#1 M*A*S*H* fan

To say I am the biggest fan of M*A*S*H ever would be close. I too know the shows before 30 seconds have passed. My 1st favorite is Goodbye Radar which aired Oct. 8,1979. My 2nd favorite show is near the end of the series when the 4077 buries a time capsule. Margaret wants it to be a military affair but Hawkeye has an idea of his own. After a military manual from Margaret, boots from nurse Kelley, and a copy of "Last of the Plainsmen" from Col. Potter the tears start. Hawkeye pulls out a broken belt from a chopper, BJ pulls out the fly that Henry made, and puts it into the capsule for all the men who didn't make it home. Klinger with his black dress standing for all the girls they left behind, but the one that really turns the waterworks on is when Hawkeye pulls out Radar's teddybear and says, "Let it stand for all the soldiers who came over here as boys and went home as men." That particular episode was dedicated to the memory of Connie Izay, R.N. who was a technical advisor on the show from 1977-1982. This comment is in memory of McLean Stevenson, Larry Linville who no longer with us: Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen.

--keeseepie

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
View as RSS news feed in XML