Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

MASH memories

Last post 03-05-2006, 6:12 PM by Contrarian. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2006, 6:07 PM 657

MASH memories

My number 1 comedy of all time...at least the first 4 years. It lost something when Henry Blake left. After Potter's first year, it lost some more and once BJ grew the 'stache, i bailed. Ot became a different show as the years passed. No laugh track (which people typically hate--for this show in those early years, it worked). I can see why they wanted to change it, but for me, it didn't work after that; it was no longer a comedy. And if i'm listing my number one comedy, I must qualify it with the first 4 years...(that's the short version--if you knew the long version, you'd thank me for avoiding it).
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 6:08 PM 659 in reply to 657

Re: MASH memories

The show MASH helped me to realize that humor helps in some of the most deplorable conditions an EMT can encounter! Without laughter and humor, you lose it!

--mp, Virginia

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 6:10 PM 664 in reply to 657

I have been a giant MASH fan since the 'Super70s, when I was a kid. I remember in 7th grade when I could watch five episodes on Mondays because of reruns and first time episodes. I prefer the later "more serious" episodes, but my favorite of all time is "Captain Tuttle" from Season One. Absolutly hillarious.

--Soundczr

•  03-05-2006, 6:12 PM 667 in reply to 664

I have to start by agreeing with Soundczr, Mondays when I could see five episodes in one day. . . shiver. . . the sheer joy.

Anyway my favorite has to be "Sometimes You Hear The Bullet" when a friend of Hawkeye's dies in the OR, and Hawkeye is crying outside the OR and Henry says "Look, all I know is what they taught me at command school. There are certain rules about a war and rule number one is young men die. And rule number two is doctors can't change rule number one. ". I think this shows early on the true depth of this show, funny one minute, serious the next. The writing on this show was brilliant throughout it's 11 year run. I just wish sitcoms now could show such range.
View as RSS news feed in XML