Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Favorite Soaps (episodes)

Last post 03-05-2006, 9:53 PM by Motrmouth. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2006, 9:45 PM 792

Favorite Soaps (episodes)

My favorite episode of soap is when Elaine and Danny finally start falling in love with each other after they were trying to kill one another its really quite sweet. ;)

--Avril

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 9:45 PM 793 in reply to 792

Re: Favorite Soaps (episodes)

I love every episode of this show. They are all good, but my favorites are when the Major and his dog Sigmund make an appearence. They give an extra punch to an already perfect show and perfect cast.
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 9:45 PM 794 in reply to 793

My own favorite - I haven't forgotten it in 20 years - is the episode when two of the characters are making a commercial for a breakfast cereal (Episode 37) and keep pushing each other under the milk.

--Fiona

•  03-05-2006, 9:47 PM 796 in reply to 794

My favourite scene is when the Campbells are all sat around a table getting drunk in a bar. When the Bob the dummy in a drunken stupor says "I think I'm going to throw up", they all scatter out of the way. Its Hilarious!!!!

How could you miss Bob out of your review he had some of the funniest one liners ever!!

--Maverick

•  03-05-2006, 9:53 PM 797 in reply to 796

My top 2 favorite "dramatic" moments from this show are when the Tates and Campbells band together to confront the devil after "it" posesses Corrine's baby.

The other is Billy Crystal's (I thought Emmy caliber) performance. When Carol has her mother lie on the stand saying that a "gang" of Jody's homosexual friends came to her house and threatned her and Carol, Jody can no longer contain himself over the unfairness of the proceedings of the custody trial. From Carol's underhandedness to the court lookig down on him because he's a homosexual and just male. He shouts out(this is my best recollection), "She's lying!!" "You call this justice?" "What good are these stupid notes we've been taking?" "I hate you Carol, you're ruining my life!"

The funniest line from that episode comes when Jody is cross examined by Carol's lawyer and he asks, "You frequent gay establishments Mr. Dallas?" (Something like that). Jody quips back, "Was that you??!!"

The greatest funny moments, Detective Donohue and the men of the family putting on black clothes and black face to save Billy from the Sunnies cult. Jessica looks at Chester and says, "Chester. . . you are not a negro!" Then later comes the hilarious, "We're the step brother's. . . where's the audition?" Then they all start tap dancing like mad!

Chuck and Bob's psychic blindfold routine: Bob the dummy:"It's uh. . red. . . . round. . . IT'S AN APPLE!" To which Burt and Danny are dumbfounded and amazed.

There's so many more but only so much room! I always felt kind of cheated there was no grande finale. Now with Richard Mulligan gone and Bemson having seen the ghost of Jessica Tate on his show, don't look for a reunion. It's been 23 years.

--HappiPuppi

•  03-05-2006, 9:53 PM 798 in reply to 797

[My favorite was the] time when Jessicia found out for sure that Chester was cheating on her. The show managed to remain funny but Jess had so much real life about her. Yes she stayed true to form in character a bit odd but my heart cried for her too because ditzy as she was you saw she was hurt and there was true love there for chester on her part. It takes a fine actress to bring that much reality to any character and to be so real in a largely comedic role while still managing to keep the fun going well thats just pure awesome work.

--The Wolf of ALPHASPACE

•  03-05-2006, 9:53 PM 799 in reply to 798

I love every episode. My favourite though is, I think, when Burt is kidnapped by aliens & a randy replacement put in his place on earth. I am an English viewer & would love to buy the DVD's of every episode which can be bought in America on Region 1. What about us in England ? We have Region 2!

--Jarrod_Brighton_England

View as RSS news feed in XML