Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Favorite episodes of Taxi

Last post 03-05-2006, 10:07 PM by Cynthasyzer. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2006, 10:04 PM 811

Favorite episodes of Taxi

It's hard to pick only one favorite episode. Among those I like the best are "Jim's Mario's," "Alex Goes Off The Wagon," "Elaine's Secret Admirer " and the two-part "Shut it Down."

--Cab 804

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 10:05 PM 812 in reply to 811

Re: Favorite episodes of Taxi

The best episode is when Louie works on Wall Street as a stock broker, cold calling the obituaries! What episode is that? Who has a copy for sale? The brokers here would love to have a copy.

--Nick

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 10:05 PM 813 in reply to 812

Wonderful show! Loved the episode where Louie was cheering a ball game at the bar and says "GO CLEVELAND!" just as Kim walks in and hears him, and starts out the door for Cleveland! Did you see the episode where Tony Danza went back to fighting and traded punches {real punches} with a real fighter in locker room? Knocked the sob flat on his a--. Tony got hit good - Jud Hirches's jaw dropped-never missed a beat tho-!!!

--lazy boy

•  03-05-2006, 10:05 PM 814 in reply to 813

My favorite show was when Louie had a class reunion and wanted to back for all the pain his schoolmates caused him in school, and get the girl he couldn't have. He asked Bobby to impersonate him. When the girl saw Bobby, thinking he was Louie, she fell for him and then there was a great dance number with Bobby and her (Bobby (Jeff Conaway)doing moves from the movie Grease since he co-starred in it). Louie watched the dancing and enjoyed every minute of his "revenge" on the school girl, but just had to touch her hair. He walked up to her and when he touched her hair, all heck broke loose. Revenge was sweet for Louie.

--Brittany

•  03-05-2006, 10:06 PM 815 in reply to 814

I have to say that my favorite episode of Taxi was one of the post Latka days. I loved the characater that Christopher Lloyd played, Jim. He was so hilarious.

My favorite was when Jim goes to the DMV to take his driver test and has to cheat. When he asks Alex the question, "What does a yellow sign mean?" and Alex tells him "slow down" and he just keeps asking the question slower and slower - well that is just a great big belly laugh for me.

--Aunt B from Texas

•  03-05-2006, 10:07 PM 817 in reply to 815

"Whaaaaaaat doooooooes a yel-low light meeeeeeeeeean?" has GOT to be the BEST sitcom joke of all time. I still laugh when I think about it. I occasionally break into my Reverend-Jim-taking-the-driving-test impersonation when someone I know (or myself!) is being particularly "slow". Either they get it or they don't. . .

I know it's not considered professional, but I always loved it when actors try not to break up laughing. The cast during this skit look like they're going to laugh and that makes it even funnier.

Also, nobody could have pulled that joke off like Christopher Lloyd. His delivery was priceless.

The other funny thing is when Reverend Jim is writing something and asks Bobby how to spell his name. Bobby tells him and Jim looks at what he wrote and says, after a slight pause, "Sorry, 'Booby'!"

Very funny and only because CL is a great enough actor to take something so simple and potientially not-that-funny and making it hilarious.

BTW, I hated Latka (so shoot me) and thought Alex was repulsive!

I know, I'm such a heathen!
View as RSS news feed in XML