Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Became a nurse because of Emergency!

Last post 03-07-2006, 1:12 PM by Aviator707. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-07-2006, 1:05 PM 907

Became a nurse because of Emergency!

One of the all time great shows on TV-it encouraged many people to go into the medical field. It definitely helped to influence my life as a nurse. My favorite character is Chet Kelly, played by Timothy Donnelly.

--Chet's Pet

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-07-2006, 1:06 PM 911 in reply to 907

Re: Became a nurse because of Emergency!

My favorite episode was the episode the introduced the pair and where Johnny tells Rampart to hell with orders. Ms McCall was hurt. I would like to know whether or not a reunion is being planned. This show gave me my choice of career.

--Mednurse

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-07-2006, 1:10 PM 919 in reply to 907

If this series was honored for nothing else, it should be celebrated for the rapid acceptance and increase in Emergency Medical Services and Paramedics across the country. Bravo, Robert Cinader! You deserved to have Station 127 named for you. I'm sorry I neglected to thank you for your service before your passing. The paramedics you "birthed" have and will save many lives. Thank you.

--Liz T.

•  03-07-2006, 1:12 PM 923 in reply to 907

I know it is the 30th anniversary of "Emergency".

I was a Canadian Ski Patroller from age 17 to 22, 30 years ago. I have since married, took the child and infant CPR course and sustained my second child who at one month old was in respiratory distress. As a ski patroller, I was always inspired to help people who needed first aid. I went from that stage to stopping and helping people if I was first at the scene of a traffic accident.

The biggest challenge was quite personal and difficult. My husband was diagnosed with liver and pancriatic cancer on April 17th, 2004 and he survived eleven months. I administered IV's to clear up infections as well as administering a variety of medications for his type of cancer. In addition, because my husbands pancrias was involved, I administered "fragmin" injections in the stomach to avoid flebitis and pulminary embolisms.

Even though I worked with the palliative care team to make my husband comfortable until he passed away on March 3rd, the strength I had during this difficult time was inspired by the realistic tone of the series "Emergency".

Thanks to the cast and crew as well as the production team for your inspiration.

Sincerely,

--Maureen McCormick, Gatineau, Quebec

View as RSS news feed in XML