Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Favorite Episodes of Little House

Last post 03-07-2006, 6:59 PM by Motrmouth. 12 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-07-2006, 6:06 PM 1043

Favorite Episodes of Little House

My favorite? Any episode involving the cruelness of Nellie Oleson or Harriet Oleson. But, if I had to pick one: Nellie takes Bunny (Laura's horse) for a wild ride, only to hit a tree limb, fall off the horse and injure her head. Nellie tries to take advantage of Laura's guilt (after all, Laura did let Nellie ride the horse), by faking that she (Nellie) couldn't feel her legs. Nellie is then confined to a wheelchair. Laura goes out of her way to visit Nellie and help her through this. Imagine Laura's suprise when she spies on Nellie through a window - dancing! So Laura gets back at Nellie by taking Nellie for a wild ride...in the wheelchair (down a hill, into the water, in front of poor Mrs. Olesen - oops!).

--Kelly

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-07-2006, 6:07 PM 1045 in reply to 1043

Re: Favorite Episodes of Little House

This was (and is), in my opinion one of the asolute best shows to ever hit the screen. And mind youm that comment comes from a non religious, very liberal, football and action movie loving male. Some of my favorite episodes were the more serious ones, like "Sylvia" or the one where Albert got addicted to morphine and Charles took him out to the country to dry out. The ones where Edwards gets drunk and fights and gambles in the saloons are always entertaining as well. Great show, very good writing and a talented cast all around. I don't think anything can quite come close to it.

--Isaac

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-07-2006, 6:07 PM 1046 in reply to 1045

Little House on the Prairie is my favorite show!!!! My favorite episode was "Sylvia (Part 1 and 2)" It's about how a girl, Sylvia, and Albert fall in love. Then, Sylvia gets raped, and Albert thinks she got pregnant on purpose, and becomes angry. When he finds out the truth about the pregnancy, he plans to help her run away. He goes back to town to get supplies and unknowingly tells the rapist where she was. The rapist goes after her and is later shot, but not before Sylvia falls off a broken ladder. Later she and Albert decide to get married. But after spending one last moment together, she dies. It is such a sweet episode and I'll never forget it.

--Britney

•  03-07-2006, 6:08 PM 1049 in reply to 1046

I always loved 'Little House' because it just made you feel good. The family was functional and loved and supported each other even though they were poor. You NEVER see that on TV anymore. My favorite episode is the one where Laura and Almanzo get engaged. So romantic! They don't make 'em like that anymore!
  •  03-07-2006, 6:10 PM 1053 in reply to 1049

I loved the episode "Here Come the Brides." Just the idea of Nellie running away to get married. Who would have thought? I also love the scene when Mr. and Mrs. Olsen open the door in the hotel, and Mrs. Olsen says, "Make her a widow."

--JAw

•  03-07-2006, 6:39 PM 1054 in reply to 1053

Every episode is wonderful! "Remember Me" (2nd season) is awesome. Charles tries to find homes for his dying friend's three children. Pa gives great advice about life and death. It is advice we all should live by. This show offers so much- smiles and tears. If only tv was like that today. Thank goodness for VCR's.

--queenrose

•  03-07-2006, 6:39 PM 1055 in reply to 1054

My favorite episode was the one entitled Sweet Sixteen. In that epiosde Laura gets her first teaching job and Almanzo finally realizes that he loves her to and that she is not a little kid anymore. I am a big LHOTP Fan and have been for ten years.

--Maureen

•  03-07-2006, 6:41 PM 1058 in reply to 1055

Over the years I have seen every single Little House episode from beginning to end, and there will never was nor will there ever be a better televsion series. The actors and actresses were simply marvelous. Micheal Landon, Karen Grassle, Melissa Gilbert, Melissa Sue Anderson, Lindsay and Sidney Greenbush, Victor French, Merlin Olsen, Richard Bull, Katherine McGregor, Keving Hagen, Dabbs Greer, and the list goes on.

My favorite episode was "The Lord is my shepard", I think that was the title. Anyhow, it was the one where Charles Jr. dies, and Laura runs away because she feels guilty for not wanting a brother. Anway, when Charles finds her, I love his expression when he goes to hug Luara. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY could cry like Micheal Landon. I really like the episode where Mr. Edwards get's drowns in his drunkeness after John Jr. dies, he comes back to Walnut Grove and stays with Laura. One day he goes out to take Albert into town, he gets drunk and drives the horse too fast, Albert falls off and gets seriously injured. Charles is so upset with Mr. Edwards that he tells him to "Go, get away from me". But Laura comforts Mr. Edwards, and helps back to the road of recovery.

--starsearch

•  03-07-2006, 6:42 PM 1060 in reply to 1058

My favorite one was the Christmas show where Laura sells Mr Olsen the horse so her mom can have a stove!

--stephanie

•  03-07-2006, 6:57 PM 1071 in reply to 1043

Little House on the Prarie was an escape from the trials of high school for me. I was always "one of the popular kids" in school and when I was there, I had to "be, act, and look" a certain way. Looking back, I dont know why it was so important, but it was. However, coming home to Little House let me just lay on the floor in front of the TV and get away from all the expectations.

My favorite episode of Little House has to either be In Sunshine or Shadow where Laura and Almonzo's home is hit by the tornado or the series finale where they blow up the town.
  •  03-07-2006, 6:57 PM 1072 in reply to 1071

I guess one of my favorite episodes is "To See the Light. " Mrs. Oleson is trying to diet, and Nellie tries to help her into a too-small dress by pulling on her corset too tightly. In the kitchen, no less! The strings break, and Mrs. Oleson goes flying into the dining area and lands practically in a man's lap. She snaps at him, "What are you looking at?" She's always true to form-trying to pin the blame on ANYBODY except herself-which is where it usually belongs. Anyway, I laugh over this every time I see it. On the flip side, I ALWAYS cry over "The Lord is my Shepherd" and "Little Girl Lost. "

--Mindi

•  03-07-2006, 6:58 PM 1074 in reply to 1072

I was born in 1966, and I just loved the TV Series, Little House On The Prairie. Most of the kids on the show were from my generation (X), and I could relate very much to the characters.

The guy who played Albert Ingalls (Matthew Laborteaux), was the closest one to my age. We were both born in December of 1966. Consequently, some of my favorite episodes were the ones that included him.

I like the episodes where he first met the Ingalls family, and went back to Walnut Grove with them. I also like the episode with him and Laura in it, where they went with a friend of theirs, who was dying of Leukemia, on a trip to California (To See The Ocean). I also like the episode where Albert and Laura went back to school during the 1979 episode (Back To School). I like the one where Albert and Laura were making honey and decided to give the money to Mary and Adam for a trip. Lastly, I like the one where Albert finally gets officially adopted by the Ingalls.

GREAT SHOW!

--LM Williams

•  03-07-2006, 6:59 PM 1076 in reply to 1074

My favorite episode was the one where Albert and Slyvia fall in love. I can't believe how much I cried! Albert was so adorable in that episode! I will never forget how romantic that was.

--Tiffany

View as RSS news feed in XML