Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of Mission: Impossible

Last post 03-07-2006, 10:33 PM by Pre-Forums Poster. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-07-2006, 10:32 PM 1166

Memories of Mission: Impossible

Lalo Schifrin's infectious 5/4-time theme opens every episode, a case that's been turned down by other US espionage agencies who've given up on the idea in question as "impossible". The Impossible Missions Force comes together to use member talents to concoct a solution from scratch. Approaches involved technical hardware, disguises, diversions and trojan-horse-style infiltrations, usually executed in nonviolent manner so as not to attract attention. If only all spy shows were as well-considered...

--Pete Jamison

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-07-2006, 10:33 PM 1167 in reply to 1166

Re: Memories of Mission: Impossible

Used to watch this show every week until that moon base show took the Baines women, I think that was her name. I thought the beginning was funny because the grey haired guy always took out the pictures of the same group of people like he had never seen them before. They always got away and the secretary never had to do any covering up of the process.

--manny periwinkle

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-07-2006, 10:33 PM 1168 in reply to 1167

Re: Memories of Mission: Impossible

I remember this show for so many reasons.

First there that them song! I remmeber sitting in the family with my mom and dad waiting for the them to start. Once I heard it I would jump up on the coffee table or chair and do what I though was the coolest dance ever invented. God bless my parents, they never had the heart to tell me that I most probably looked idiotic.

Then there was Cinnamo played by Barbra Bain. Not only was she a supper spy but she was beautiful too! There was something about the way she would raise her eyes and gaze 'into'someone that gave me chills. I absolutely loved her. I was far too young to know why but I always planned to grow up, move to Hollywood and marry her.

Oh yeah the rest of the team was cool too, I mean solving all those case and all.

Thanks for letting me a wonderful part of my past with you. My mother passed three years ago, hey who knows maybe she told Miss Bain what a crush her little boy had on her.

--Super70s child

View as RSS news feed in XML