Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Favorite episodes of Rockford Files

Last post 03-10-2006, 7:43 PM by Slammin' Slamo. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-10-2006, 7:41 PM 1286

Favorite episodes of Rockford Files

Ok - I did spend a lot of recliner time in front of the 'Tube' consuming The Rockford Files during my college days. But they were well spent and I treasure the memories today. So-o-o-o many car chases that one gets dizzy. Best part was the way the cast seemed to be 'family' and they worked so well together that the magic came through the acting and seemed to envelope the viewer - you felt like you belonged to the group. One episode sticks even today...Angel and Rockford are being held by some really bad dudes who intend to take them out (as in KILL 'em). Bad Dude #1 says "ok...who get's it first"? and Angel with all his enthusiasm says "...do Jimmy first...yeah, do Jimmy first". The look on Rockford's face was a mixture of disgust and "I can't believe he said that"! Of course James Rockford found a way out of the situation and later Angel excused his stupidity by saying that he didn't really mean it, etc. What memories.

--MK Sherwood

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-10-2006, 7:43 PM 1292 in reply to 1286

Re: Favorite episodes of Rockford Files

A great detective show of the Super70s genre. James Garner was private eye Jim Rockford. he spent time in the pen for a crime he did not commit and he often took dead end cases. He lived in a mobile home near Malibu, drove a gold colored Pontiac Firebird (Licence 851 OKG), He was often broke and without money (how can he afford a new car every year) and was in the company of his dad "Rocky" (Noah Beery JR. ) and con man Angel (Stuart Margolin).

My favorite episode had soul singer Isaac Hayes (theme from "Shaft") and Academy Award winner Loius Gossett JR. Isaac Hayes called Rockford "Rockfish".

--frank91165

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
View as RSS news feed in XML