Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

S&H movie

Last post 03-11-2006, 4:29 PM by Motrmouth. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-11-2006, 4:25 PM 1337

S&H movie

I enjoyed Starsky and Hutch because it was nice to watch two men show their feelings for each other. They were "tough", "macho", cops, but they were also close friends. To this day I hear the comments about their being gay, just becaused they loved one another. Whatever! I wish I could find in my real life, the kind of love these two had in this fictional story. It always makes me feel warm inside when I watch this show and see the love they had for each other. It's one part of the Super70s that many people want to remember. The idea of the new movie IRRITATES diehard and true fans, since BOTH actors are still very much alive!

--Neener

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-11-2006, 4:27 PM 1343 in reply to 1337

Re: S&H movie

Hi!I would like to comment on Starsky and Hutch I loved this show especially because of the great chemistry between Paul Michael Glaser and David Soul. Some of my favorite episodes are when they thought Starsky and Hutch were accused of being on the take, when they went undercover in las vegas and the last episode of the series when Starsky almost passes away after being poisioned . It was my favorite cop show after Adam-12. I am really disappointed that they made a new version of the movie because I feel they betray the show more as a comedy than a drama. I also believe it is an insult to David Soul and Paul Michael Glaser the way they are betrayed in the movie.
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-11-2006, 4:27 PM 1344 in reply to 1343

The new movie Starsky and Hutch: They're the Man is coming out March 5, 2004. It stars Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson as Starsky and Hutch with rapper Snoop Dog as Huggy Bear! Fans expecting to see an action show like the TV series will be disappointed as this is more of a comedy, but it is an amusing stroll down memory lane - in a '75 Torino! And it's always great to see Juliette Lewis!

--'Old School' Phillips

•  03-11-2006, 4:29 PM 1348 in reply to 1337

I don't know who Todd Phillips is, but I love him. He's done a wonderful job paying tribute to the original "Starsky & Hutch" and recreating its feel without simply mimicking it. I was a huge S&H fan as a kid (I am exactly Ben Stiller's age), with wild crushes on both Starsky and Hutch (of course). The chemistry between the characters was the main attraction (let's face it, most of the cop action stories were pretty dumb), and Stiller & Wilson have a similar vibe going on.

Any true S&H fan will love this movie. It brings back happy memories of a very silly decade (dig that soundtrack!).

Nice scene at the end, paying tribute to the originals.

--stripedtomatobaby

View as RSS news feed in XML