Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Favorite $6M Man episodes!

Last post 03-13-2006, 8:34 PM by Contrarian. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-13-2006, 8:29 PM 1723

Favorite $6M Man episodes!

This was by far my favorite childhood TV series. My all time favorite was called "The Seven Million Dollar Man" with Markie Malcolm. Although, he was stronger than Austin, he could not use his "powers" wisely. This character was featured in another episode, but the storylines forgot him when Jamie Somers entered the scene.

--The $7 million woman

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-13-2006, 8:30 PM 1726 in reply to 1723

Re: Favorite $6M Man episodes!

The one episode that really stood out for me was Death Probe. Does anyone remember that one?That was where NASA had built a probe to go to Venus and to survive. Somehow it got loose and ran amok destroying everything in it's path. There was only one man to save us all, any guesses? It was so big a story that it took up two whole episodes as I remember.It was a long time ago but very memorable story.

--PSILVERMAN

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-13-2006, 8:30 PM 1727 in reply to 1726

I just remember a scene where Steve is a passenger in a car with a woman driving. Steve needs to stop the car, so he sticks his foot outside the car and brakes the car in this manner. the woman then asks "how in the world did you do tha? He replies, "by ruining my new pair of boots, that's how!" I don't know why that scene particularly has stuck in my memory all these yrs, but it has.

--selfgen

•  03-13-2006, 8:31 PM 1730 in reply to 1727

How about that two part episode where there was Stephanie Powers and Bigfoot. The only thing I can vaguely remember (unless I *really* think hard) is both of them running through some tunnel for some reason.
    That tunnel was used at the Universal Studios for sometime after that I recall

--6m$ fan

•  03-13-2006, 8:31 PM 1731 in reply to 1730

My favorite episode was the first episode of the regular series entitled, "Population Zero". In this episode we observed that Steve nearly froze to death, but was able to escape from doom and foil a madman's plot to kill innocent people. I really enjoyed this story because I thought that it was well written and featured a lot of action. Should a new feature film be made, I would hope that it would stick to the original story line.

--Bionic Ty

•  03-13-2006, 8:32 PM 1732 in reply to 1731

Man… I weeping with nostalgia. My personal favorite episodes would be those featuring Sasquatch and also those about the Fembots. Too bad, I can't get to watch it anymore.

--EVIL2000ES-KL

•  03-13-2006, 8:33 PM 1736 in reply to 1723

I remember watching this particular episode where Steve Austin is on a roof of a building preventing a helicopter from taking off by grabbing it by the skids and pulling it down. I recall thinking; Since Steves feet aren't anchored to anything, whats to prevent the helicopter from taking off with him, leaving him to do pull-ups on the skids?

You know, maybe if they spent another million on this guy, he would have been able to figure that out.

They could rebuild him, They could make him stronger, faster, but thet couldn't repair the damage to his brain.

--Harry

•  03-13-2006, 8:34 PM 1738 in reply to 1736

I seem to remember an episode where Oscar is driving, lost in thought when out of nowhere a flock of sheep appear in the middle of the road. Oscar yells "Hey you, get the flock out of here!" It had nothing to do with anything other than writers with a sense of humor, or maybe a bet that they could get that past the censors.

--Disco Stu

•  03-13-2006, 8:34 PM 1739 in reply to 1738

The episode I remember the most is when Steve Austin fights Bigfoot, Bigfoot carries Steve through a cave, in the mountains, that is lit up, and the walls and ceiling of the cave are revolving. Many years later I find out that Bigfoot was portrayed by the legendary wrestler Andre"The Giant", man I miss the Super70s.

--R.A.T.2

•  03-13-2006, 8:34 PM 1740 in reply to 1739

I thought I was the only fan (outside of my younger brother) of the Six Million Dollar Man. I will remember that show as long as time shall last. I am 36 years old and still have some of my favorites on VHS, which I recorded from the SciFi channel a few years ago. My favorite - hands down it would "The Secret of Bigfoot". The guy who played Lurch could NEVER beat Andre the Giant as the real Sasquatch. I remember when it first aired (there was a lot of commercial build up to that episode) and when I saw the face of Bigfoot for the first time I couldn't believe it. I think I had nightmares that night, but couldn't wait to see part two.

--MTP

View as RSS news feed in XML