Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of the Sonny and Cher show

Last post 03-13-2006, 8:42 PM by Cynthasyzer. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-13-2006, 8:40 PM 1748

Memories of the Sonny and Cher show

I remember few of the skits, but I enjoyed the banterm mostly the scripted zingers thrown over Sonny's head by Cher....but when I hear "Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour" I still think of Cher on that piano; :"She was a V,A,M,P.........Vamp!"
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-13-2006, 8:40 PM 1749 in reply to 1748

Re: Memories of the Sonny and Cher show

My favorite sketch had to be V. A. M. P. Cher had to be the most sexy lady on the top of the piano and all these years later I still dont think I have enjoyed anything more
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-13-2006, 8:41 PM 1751 in reply to 1749

Totally agree with the others on the V. A. M. P sketches. One in particular had a barefoot Cher playing the part of a Daisy Mae type character in a very short red checkered dress.. that was when I fell in love with Cher Bono!

--Tony Moretti

•  03-13-2006, 8:41 PM 1753 in reply to 1751

All I can say is I just wish I could have been that Piano! Cher had to be then and still is the HOTTEST thing walking. All the men watched Sonny and Cher show just to watch Cher do the V A M P sketch.

I remember when Don Knotts was on the show and Cher was dressed up as a sexy french lady and had Don tell her what time it was by looking at the watch on her pretty leg well that almost made Don pass out and I did too. The vamp number had me in total lala land (if you know what I mean) I loved to watch Cher shake her sexy feetand legs on top of the piano, and when she would lay down on top of it with legs and high heels up in the air I almost couldn't hold myself down Cher the vamp brought many of us men through the Super70s!

--vamp lover

•  03-13-2006, 8:42 PM 1754 in reply to 1753

This show turned me into a forever fan. Since 1971 I have been following Cher, and have all her albums/CDs and most singles, plus tons of other memorabilia. Like the others, the VAMP skit was one of my favorites, but nothing beat Cher coming out singing those torch songs (like "Am I Blue" and "The Man that Got Away"). The voice is beyond comparison, and I "believe" that CHER is "strong enough" to last forever!

--Anthony

View as RSS news feed in XML