Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Loved Black Sheep Squadron!

Last post 03-03-2006, 3:22 PM by Francis Urquhart. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-03-2006, 3:20 PM 218

Loved Black Sheep Squadron!

YESSSS!!! This show was the GREATEST!! As a kid of 9-10, I was absolutely enthralled when that air raid siren went off at the opening credits, and the Black Sheep got out of their bunks and headed to their Corsairs!

My Dad was a private pilot, and in some ways resembled Robert Conrad, so I thought that aspect was also very cool. The show also starred John Laroquette (famous for his own show, as well as Night Court, and as the narrator on the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre).

Me and my little brother would often while away the dull hours drawing Corsairs.
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-03-2006, 3:21 PM 220 in reply to 218

Re: Loved Black Sheep Squadron!

Great show. Extremely loosely based on the actual WWII pilots. This show spent 60 minutes showing the diminutive Robert Conrad threatening to beat up the world. Severe Napoleon complex.

--napoleon

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-03-2006, 3:22 PM 221 in reply to 220

Re: Loved Black Sheep Squadron!

Very good show about the Black Sheep squadron, which was a real squadron in WWII. The real Greg "Pappy" Boyington was a techincal adviser on the show. It's fun to see those beautiful Corsairs flying against the blue sky. I agree that the first season was much better than the 2nd season. I remember being very irritated when they added all those goofball nurses in the 2nd season, who just happened to look more like models (surprise, surprise). I'm a guy, but even I didn't want to see a bunch of airhead "nurses" in a show like this. Anyway, that aside, it's still one of my favorite shows. I think for the DVD's I would only get the first season though.

--11Sixgun

View as RSS news feed in XML