Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of Buck Rogers...

Last post 03-03-2006, 5:51 PM by Francis Urquhart. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-03-2006, 5:51 PM 284

Memories of Buck Rogers...

Based on the comic books and old-time Saturday Afternoon movie theater serials (that's episode by episode dramas) of the 1940's, This late-Super70s update rode in on the same wave that gave us, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica & other futuristic/outer-space Tv shows & movies.

The movie I saw (originally released in theaters that summer) became the basis for the show, or if you like a very big commercial for it. Actor Gil Gerard plays Buck Rogers, an astronaut who gets lost from the 20th century when his ship, basically, becomes chirogenically frozen and for 5 centuries his ship sits in limbo.

In the 25th century he's at last awakened by an attack from Earth space forces military. (For lack of a better name. ) Actress Erin Gray (later of 1982's Silver Spoons plays the Col. (Sorry, forgot her name. ) She places Buck under arrest, to which he responds, "COl. just where in the world would I go?"

He's then introduced to other people who serve under the Col. and of course Twiki the robot (Voiced by Bugs Bunny man Mel Blanc). If you liked Sci-Fi back then, you more than likely watched the show. I recall I really liked the closing theme song for some reason. Out of 5 stars I'd give this show 3 and a 1/2. It had some good action and stories and some nice hokey humor. If you can find a rerun or if it comes out on DVD, it's worth your time, if you like Sci-Fi that is.

--Happi-Puppi

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-03-2006, 5:51 PM 285 in reply to 284

Re: Memories of Buck Rogers...

An Astonaut goes a solo misson in space but has a inflight problem that freezes him and he drifts in space from 1987 to 2430 or so he awakes to a whole new Earth and he is a relic still a young fighter pilot he goes about helping the modern Earth save itself and those who need it aided by tweeky a child size robot and colonel wilma dearing a modern beauty as daring and stubborn as she is a knock out in tight outfits they battle to save truth justice and the lovely girl of the week from evil space aliens.

I agree when they updated the show and sent them into deepspace and got weird even for a sci fi show.

--R Randall

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
View as RSS news feed in XML