Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of Carol Burnett

Last post 11-10-2007, 8:49 AM by bassplayer. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-04-2006, 5:09 PM 430

Memories of Carol Burnett

Another awesome and fantastic series. Carol Burnett was to me the epitome of a great American woman. Just love her.

--Tony Ibarra

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-04-2006, 5:11 PM 431 in reply to 430

Re: Memories of Carol Burnett

Finally all us Burnette Fans can celebrate Carol, Vicki,Harvey,Tim, Lyle and the whole gang on DVD! The Full hour shows are finally available from Columbia House complete with musical numbers and all on DVD. I have to say my all time favorite moment is when Momma, Eunice and Ed are Playing Sorry! Hands Down the funniest moment ever! Find it, Buy it Enjoy!

--MisterB

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-04-2006, 5:12 PM 434 in reply to 430

One show was devoid of dialogue, featuring a cacophonous musical quartet comprised of Burnett (piano), Lawrence (opera singer), Korman (playing what appeared to be a recorder), and Conway as a less-than-ethereal harpist. Lawrence's ear-splitting singing was accompanied by painfully discordant, yet somehow complementary, performances by the others. All four of them shared a remarkably natural harmony...and how startling to realize it was rooted in comedic esprit de corps rather than well-crafted writing alone.

--Bumbleberri

•  03-04-2006, 5:12 PM 435 in reply to 430

Everything I learned about how to be funny was from Carol Burnett. I was a little kid when she was on the air but I still remember so many of those great skits. To this day my mom & I go into hysterics when I imitate her Queen yelling into the soldier "that is completely hollow". In the workplace whenever I hear someone make a phone call to the office next door to them, I start in on my Mrs. Hwiggins and Mr. Tudball impersonations. Bless Carol, Harvey, Vicki, and Tim for all the wonderful laughs they have given us over the years.

--Corrine

•  03-04-2006, 5:13 PM 437 in reply to 434

I love Carol Burnett she is my hero she was America's queen of comedy. I wish they showed her re-runs.

--Jonathan Blanton

•  03-04-2006, 5:14 PM 438 in reply to 435

I don't know how anyone could not love Carol Burnett! She is the best, and in a few weeks I'm doing a book report on her autobiography "One More Time". She is a great American woman comedian. Carol is a legend that will never die.
  •  03-04-2006, 5:15 PM 440 in reply to 430

Her reunion special was credited with its massive ratings because of tragic world events- maybe, but I am confident that if CBS ever aired the original series all over again, it would STILL beat the pants off what passes for good television today. Add me to the drumbeats of pure praise here...that cast is and will always be a treasure, and I thank each of them for the lifetime of laughs they've given me. Eunice's "Monopoly" game, the Queen, Harvey's composure succumbing to Tim....priceless!
  •  03-05-2006, 3:05 PM 444 in reply to 437

I am 31 years old and have loved Carol Burnett and the Carol Burnett show since I was a very little girl. The Carol Burnett Show was the epitome of variety shows, and the cast was unbelievable. I think my favorite skit was when Carol played the secretary of Mr. Conway. To this day, I still find myself saying, "Hello, hello, hello. " When I was a little girl, I always wanted to meet Carol. I loved her to death. She's one of a kind!

--Heather W

•  03-05-2006, 3:06 PM 445 in reply to 444

Carol Burnett is my all-time favorite comedienne. My favorite episode is the one where she played a temp secretary to Tim Conway. I laughed till I cried. I'd dearly love to see the TV stations show re-runs of her show. I have never been a great fan of TV but I tried never to miss her show.

--Maxine

•  03-05-2006, 3:06 PM 446 in reply to 444

My life was full of abuse, both sexual, physical & mental. It was for me, The Carol Burnett show that saved my soul, (and Karen & Richard Carpenter). I learned to look for the funny side of life. I knew the pain all too well. Carol taught me to laugh at life and Karen & Richard helped me know I was not alone. Thank you to ALL who made that show possible. I have thanked you in many ways, my best is my Chiaro impressions I do for my family.

If you were yourself a survior of abuse, dont give up, talk about it with people who care.

--Lori Hale

•  03-05-2006, 3:08 PM 450 in reply to 430

Saturday night was the best TV night when I was a kid and Carol Burnett rounded it out. My favorite bit was Tim Conway as Mr. Tudball and Carol Burnett as the beyond ditsy Mrs. A-Wiggins. Like the saying says, "they just don't make 'em like that any more".

--Nilnod

•  11-10-2007, 8:49 AM 2797 in reply to 440

My favorite moment is the one where Tim is telling the Elephant story and there all trying so hard not to laugh and and the last line Mama says is priceless... I loved that show cuz anything could and did happen.. lol
View as RSS news feed in XML