Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Favorite Facts of Life episodes

Last post 04-17-2006, 6:14 PM by Happi-Puppi. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2006, 3:49 PM 495

Favorite Facts of Life episodes

My favorite episode of "Facts of Life" was one in which both Jo and Blair were taking a journalism class. The instructor was easier on Blair than on Jo. Jo gets even with the instructor by placing a negative blurb about him in the school paper, before getting all the facts. Because of what she did, the instructor is fired. And Jo confronts him, but learns the real reason why the instructor was harder on her than Blair.

--coconut_of_quendor

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 3:49 PM 496 in reply to 495

Re: Favorite Facts of Life episodes

I do love this show. I don't have a favorite episode because all of them are so well written and acted. The girls are so true to form. One is overweight and shy, one is into herself but finds out that no one else is like that, one is tough but with a soft side when broken down and the last one is just herself.

--Maggie

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 3:50 PM 498 in reply to 495

My favorite episode is when Jo's radio show's co-host is drunk and he pass's out and she has to find records, so Mrs. Garrett comes to the rescue with self finding tapes. It was so funny!

--Baney

•  03-05-2006, 3:51 PM 499 in reply to 495

I enjoyed the very early episodes, the ones with Molly, Sue Ann, Nancy and Cindy. I also liked the ones with Jo, but the show lost something after the girls graduated from Eastland. IMO, the best episode was the one where Blair and Jo went home to their old neighborhoods. Blair stayed with a "princess, " her friend Dina Becker, who was a spoiled brat and never had to do anything for herself. She had a fit when the housekeeper had to leave for a dental emergency, and she had a crowd coming over for lunch. When Blair suggested they make lunch themselves, the girl took offense. "What's wrong with doing things for yourself, " Blair asked her. "Nothing, if you HAVE TO, but we don't HAVE TO. "

Jo was visiting her friend, Jessie, from the Bronx. They went to a rec hall and were playing foosball. An elderly gentleman was sitting at a table nearby, playing cards, and he dropped the cards accidentally. Very politely, he asked the girls if they would pick up the cards for him. Jo started to walk over to help him, but her friend Jessie got all fired up and annoyed that this man even had the nerve to be there.

I thought the episode was very well written and performed. It showed how the two characters grew and matured, and it said a lot about their acting abilities as well.

•  04-17-2006, 6:14 PM 2606 in reply to 499

The Facts Of Life,while debuting in '79 is more so an Awesome80s sitcom. So my favorite episode is the '81 or '82 show where the girls are studying until late at night for exams and their frustration starts to take over. 3 incidents in the show are really funny! First is Tootie (Dorothy) listening to music while studying which annoys Natalie. Tootie:Problem Nat? Natalie:"No. Not if my finals were about Kool & The Gang"!

Second is the pillow fight at the end but 1st place is the funniest. Natalie has an exam hat with foam lightning bolts on the sides. "These are my brain wave conductors"!  During the night onr\e of them flops to the side and the girls fall down laughing at her! "Nice hat!"  Natalie: "Oh great,I'm working at 1/2 wattage!!"  Hee hee!! Still funny!Big Smile [:D]

View as RSS news feed in XML